Hcc8.11 change each to complex form and find product

In summary, the conversation discusses finding the product of two complex numbers using DeMoivre's Theorem. The example given is (1+3i)(2-2i), which simplifies to 8+4i. The concept of complex form is also mentioned, with the clarification that there are two forms commonly used - Cartesian form and Polar form. The latter involves using the modulus, or distance from the origin, and the argument, or angle formed with the positive real axis, to represent a complex number.
karush
Gold Member
MHB
$\tiny{hcc8.11}$
$\textsf{Find product $(1+3i)(2-2i)$}\\$

$8 + 4i$
$\textsf{Then change each to complex form and find product. with DeMoine's Theorem}$

$\textit{ok looked at an example but ??}

Mathematics news on Phys.org
What you're asking is not clear. Can you quote directly from your source? Do you mean "DeMoivre's theorem"?

basically yes
but this got answered

it was on a hand out which was hard to read with little information.

You probably should not use the phrase "complex form" here. These are complex number which are typically written in one of two forms, "Cartesian form", which is what you have, and "Polar form", "[tex]r(cos(\theta)+ i sin(\theta))[/tex]" or (an engineering notation) "[tex]r cis(\theta)[/tex]". For "a+ bi", [tex]r= \sqrt{a^2+ b^2}[/tex] and [tex]\theta= tan^{-1}(b/a)[/tex] (as long as a is not 0. If a= 0 [tex]\theta= \pi/2[/tex] (if b> 0) or [tex]\theta= -\pi/2[/tex] if b< 0). if a=b= 0, r= 0 and [tex]\theta[/tex] can be anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Hcc8.11 change each to complex form and find product

1. What is Hcc8.11?

Hcc8.11 is a mathematical formula that involves changing numbers to their complex form and finding their product. It is commonly used in scientific research and calculations.

2. How do you change a number to its complex form?

To change a number to its complex form, you need to express it in terms of a real number and an imaginary number. The imaginary number, represented by the letter i, is the square root of -1. For example, the complex form of the number 5 would be 5 + 0i.

3. What is the product in Hcc8.11?

The product in Hcc8.11 refers to the result of multiplying two or more complex numbers together. This is typically done using the distributive property and simplifying the terms.

4. Why is Hcc8.11 important in science?

Hcc8.11 is important in science because it allows for more precise and accurate calculations, especially when dealing with quantities that involve both real and imaginary components. It is commonly used in fields like physics, engineering, and mathematics.

5. Can Hcc8.11 be applied to real-world problems?

Yes, Hcc8.11 can be applied to real-world problems in various fields of science and engineering. It is particularly useful in analyzing and solving problems that involve electrical circuits, vibrations, and waves.