Having a hard time writing equations of motion....

In summary, writing equations of motion can be challenging due to the need for a strong understanding of physics principles and complex mathematical formulas. Common mistakes include using the wrong equation, misinterpreting forces, and not including all relevant variables. To improve, it is important to have a solid understanding and practice regularly. Tips for effective writing include clearly labeling variables, double-checking forces, and breaking down problems. To check for accuracy, solve the equations and compare results or seek feedback from a knowledgeable source.
gtk

Homework Statement

[/B]
upload_2016-11-13_18-6-58.png

upload_2016-11-13_18-11-56.png

Homework Equations

upload_2016-11-13_18-12-40.png

The Attempt at a Solution

upload_2016-11-13_18-13-24.png

upload_2016-11-13_18-14-7.png

upload_2016-11-13_18-14-42.png

upload_2016-11-13_18-17-21.png
[/B]

Physics news on Phys.org
I changed my FBD, to make the units correct. But I still don't know if this is correct.
upload_2016-11-13_18-32-1.png

My new EOM and reaction forces come out to:

upload_2016-11-13_18-32-49.png

Is this correct? Or did I mess something up?

Thanks!

Related to Having a hard time writing equations of motion....

1. Why is writing equations of motion difficult?

Writing equations of motion can be difficult because it requires a strong understanding of physics principles, such as Newton's laws of motion and kinematics. It also involves complex mathematical formulas and variables that can be challenging to manipulate and solve.

2. What are some common mistakes when writing equations of motion?

Some common mistakes when writing equations of motion include using the wrong equation for a given scenario, misinterpreting the direction or magnitude of a force, and failing to include all relevant variables and forces in the equation.

3. How can I improve my skills in writing equations of motion?

To improve your skills in writing equations of motion, it is important to have a solid understanding of the underlying physics concepts. Practice and repetition can also help improve your familiarity and comfort with manipulating equations and solving problems.

4. What are some tips for effectively writing equations of motion?

Some tips for effectively writing equations of motion include clearly defining and labeling all variables and forces, double-checking the direction and magnitude of forces, and breaking the problem down into smaller, more manageable steps.

5. How can I check if my equations of motion are correct?

The best way to check if your equations of motion are correct is to solve them and compare your results to the expected outcome. You can also ask for feedback from a teacher or peer who is familiar with the topic to ensure that your equations and solutions are accurate.