Have You Served as PI or Co-PI on a Federally Funded Project?

• Thread starter the potato one
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Nasa
In summary, the question is whether the person has served as PI, PD, Co-PI, or Co-PD on any federally funded project, and if being an NSF REU fellow counts. Usually, training grants such as REU fellowships are not considered as research grants. If unsure, it is best to email the program officer for clarification."
the potato one
"Are you currently serving (or have previously served) as PI, PD, Co-PI, or Co-PD on any federally funded project?"

Hey, y'all! I'm applying for a grad school fellowship, and I'm not sure how to answer this question. Would this include being an NSF REU fellow, or not? I believe not, but I want to be sure.

Thanks! :)

Physics news on Phys.org
the potato one said:
"Are you currently serving (or have previously served) as PI, PD, Co-PI, or Co-PD on any federally funded project?"

Hey, y'all! I'm applying for a grad school fellowship, and I'm not sure how to answer this question. Would this include being an NSF REU fellow, or not? I believe not, but I want to be sure.

Usually not- training grants (REU fellowships, NIH K awards, etc) are not the same as research grants. If in doubt, simply email the program officer.

Likes the potato one
Andy Resnick said:
Usually not- training grants (REU fellowships, NIH K awards, etc) are not the same as research grants. If in doubt, simply email the program officer.
Kay, that's what I thought. Thanks for the reply! :D

the potato one said:
I'm not sure how to answer this question

The answer is "no".

Related to Have You Served as PI or Co-PI on a Federally Funded Project?

What is a NASA Fellowship?

A NASA Fellowship is a competitive program that provides financial support and professional development opportunities for graduate students and postdoctoral researchers to conduct research in areas relevant to NASA's mission.

Who is eligible to apply for a NASA Fellowship?

Eligibility requirements for NASA Fellowships vary depending on the specific program, but generally, applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents, enrolled or accepted in a graduate program, and have a research interest aligned with NASA's mission.

What is the application process for a NASA Fellowship?

The application process for a NASA Fellowship typically involves submitting a research proposal, academic transcripts, and letters of recommendation. The specific requirements and timeline may vary depending on the program, so it is important to carefully review the application guidelines.

What are the benefits of receiving a NASA Fellowship?

A NASA Fellowship provides financial support for research expenses, as well as opportunities for professional development and collaboration with NASA scientists and engineers. It can also enhance a student or researcher's resume and open doors for future career opportunities within NASA and the broader scientific community.

How can I increase my chances of receiving a NASA Fellowship?

To increase your chances of receiving a NASA Fellowship, it is important to carefully review the program's guidelines and tailor your research proposal to align with NASA's mission and priorities. Additionally, building a strong academic and research background, obtaining letters of recommendation, and networking with NASA professionals can also improve your chances of being selected.