Have You Discovered the Similar Threads Feature?

• Thread starter RonL
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the "similar threads" feature at the bottom of each post. Some members have recently noticed it, while others have been using it for a while. Some people miss it because they don't scroll to the bottom of the page, while others who use quick reply may notice it more. Some find it useful for finding unrelated threads to read.
RonL
Gold Member
What a great feature!

I have just recently caught on to the "similar threads" at the bottom of each post.

Is this something new? or have I just missed it until now?

Ron

Physics news on Phys.org

I'm pretty sure it was added when Greg did the last software upgrade a few days ago.

That's correct. I think most people are unaware of it.

I don't know how you can miss it if you were used to the older style. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

Kurdt said:
I don't know how you can miss it if you were used to the older style. Sticks out like a sore thumb.
A lot of people don't scroll to the bottom of the page.

Evo said:
A lot of people don't scroll to the bottom of the page.

I use quick reply nearly all the time because I'm lazy so I guess I would probably notice it more.

Kurdt said:
I use quick reply nearly all the time because I'm lazy so I guess I would probably notice it more.

I often use quick reply, but didn't notice until someone posted a thread about it. I don't often scroll far enough past the quick reply box, just get it onto the bottom of the screen, so didn't notice it there.

Funny. Below "What a great feature!" thread there are no similar threads listed :smile:

Borek said:
Funny. Below "What a great feature!" thread there are no similar threads listed :smile:
Hehe, that's one of the great features, it brings up unrelated threads that you can read!

Related to Have You Discovered the Similar Threads Feature?

1. What makes a feature great?

A great feature is one that meets the needs and expectations of users while also being innovative and unique. It should be user-friendly, efficient, and add value to the overall product or service.

2. How can you determine if a feature is great?

The best way to determine if a feature is great is by conducting user testing and gathering feedback from users. This will provide valuable insights into how the feature is being used and whether it is meeting the needs of the target audience.

3. Can a feature be great for some users but not others?

Yes, a feature can be great for some users but not others. This is why it is important to conduct user research and gather feedback from a diverse group of users to ensure that the feature is meeting the needs of all users.

4. What role do user needs and expectations play in creating a great feature?

User needs and expectations are crucial in creating a great feature. By understanding the needs and expectations of users, developers can create a feature that is user-friendly, efficient, and adds value to the product or service.

5. Can a feature become great over time?

Yes, a feature can become great over time as it evolves and adapts to the changing needs and expectations of users. This is why it is important to continuously gather feedback and make improvements to the feature based on user insights.