Have some ideas looking for feedback

In summary, the individual is seeking clarification on the concepts of black holes and the big bang. They suggest the possibility of black holes being extremely dense stars and the big bang starting from a single large mass instead of a quantum fluctuation. They are advised to read Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time and do further research on black holes. There is no evidence for the existence of an "enormous neutron" or a large massive particle as the cause of the big bang.
BlinkRA182
Hey guys...i've had some ideas floating around in my head for a while, but really don't have anyone to talk to about them.

quick intro first. I'm 24, i don't have a degree in any related field, and I am sure I am not as intellegent as most people on here...so I am a little intimidated. I've always been interested in this subject matter and finally decided to get a few answers.

If my questions are stupid or the ideas have already been suggested and disproved, i appologise in advance. I'm basically looking for someone to say "no, its not possible because..." or "yea, i suppose it might be possible but..." so i can finally stop thinking about it lol

Firstly...black holes. I guess I am just not satisfied with the currently accepted thought. Instead of being a "hole in the fabric of space time", why not just an extremely dense star? would it be possible for a star more dense than a neutron star to exist? a "quark star" or something of that nature? would it not have the same properties as a black hole of equivalent mass? as long as the same mass exists whithin the event horizon, it would behave the same way, wouldn't it?

Next, the big bang. yes, i agree with the principle, but instead of starting from a "quantum fluxuation", why not a single large mass ("quark star", essentially a single enormus neutron containing all the matter and energy in the universe today whithin it). that became unstable, as such a mass likely would, and had basically a nuclear reaction on a grand scale. Starting with a larger mass would account for the relatively even nature of the universe today.

enough for now...i guess i'll wait to see if i get the noob treatment, lol.

if this is in the wrong section...sorry.

Greg Coulter

Last edited:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Start by giving Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time a read. I think you will find that will help with these questions.

A black hole IS a massive "star".

There is no evidence for the existence of a "enormous neutron" what ever that might be.

Indeed, you should read up on black holes. One way of forming a black hole is through the gravitational collapse of a massive star. In addition to the reference Integral provides, try checking out the Cambridge Relativity page; a page written for the layperson.

BlinkRA182 said:
Next, the big bang. yes, i agree with the principle, but instead of starting from a "quantum fluxuation", why not a single large mass ("quark star", essentially a single enormus neutron containing all the matter and energy in the universe today whithin it). that became unstable, as such a mass likely would, and had basically a nuclear reaction on a grand scale. Starting with a larger mass would account for the relatively even nature of the universe today.

Of course, we don't really know what caused the big bang. I don't see that a large massive particle would be the simplest idea, or that there is any evidence supporting this.

Related to Have some ideas looking for feedback

1. What should I do if I have some ideas but I'm not sure if they are good enough?

It's common for scientists to have doubts about their ideas. One approach is to seek feedback from colleagues or mentors in your field. Another option is to conduct a small pilot study or experiment to test your ideas before fully committing to them.

2. How can I effectively gather feedback on my ideas?

There are various ways to gather feedback, such as presenting your ideas at conferences, submitting them to peer-reviewed journals, or discussing them with colleagues. It's important to choose a method that aligns with your goals and audience.

3. What should I do with the feedback I receive?

Consider the feedback carefully and objectively. Look for patterns and common themes, and use this information to refine and improve your ideas. Keep an open mind and be willing to make changes based on the feedback you receive.

4. How can I handle negative feedback about my ideas?

Negative feedback can be difficult to hear, but it can also be valuable in helping you identify weaknesses in your ideas. Try to view negative feedback as an opportunity for growth and improvement. Consider the source of the feedback and try to understand their perspective.

5. Is it necessary to get feedback on every idea I have?

It's not necessary to seek feedback on every idea, but it can be beneficial to get input from others on ideas that are important to you or have potential for significant impact. Ultimately, the decision to seek feedback should be based on your goals and priorities.