Have an idea I want to realise but...

• Thread starter Milchy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Idea
In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking resources to learn about electrical fundamentals and devices such as diode rectifiers, voltage and current variation, and switching between constant and pulsating current. The conversation also mentions the importance of understanding power wattage and provides information on how to research and find more specific information on electrical discharges, breakthrough voltages, and working principles.
Milchy
Hello there!

I have an idea I want to realize practically, but my electrical knowledge is almost zero. Everything I might have known is long forgotten. I'm asking for a good online course/site or any other resource that would provide me with enough information and examples to cal, wire, construct the following and not kill myself in the process:

0) 101 electrical fundamentals
1) A device that would let me turn AC to DC,
2) A device that would let me vary the voltage and amps on a fixed wattage. (Also, ways how to decrease or increase source wattage)
3) A device that would let me switch between a constant current and a pulsating one.
4) Information on electrical discharges, breakthrough voltages, working principles etc.

Engineering news on Phys.org
hi milchy
welcome to PF :smile:

Milchy said:
0) 101 electrical fundamentals

do some googling and you will probably come up with some choices
also look and see what tech colleges are available in your town/city or nearby

Milchy said:
1) A device that would let me turn AC to DC,

google diode rectifiers

Milchy said:
2) A device that would let me vary the voltage and amps on a fixed wattage. (Also, ways how to decrease or increase source wattage)

wattage isn't fixed W = V x I ( Amps) vary either V or I and the wattage changes
increasing source wattage doesn't make electrical sense ... we use Watts to describe the power being used by a load
load = any appliance in your house, or say what parts of your car use ... ignition, lights, horn, Aircon etc

Milchy said:
3) A device that would let me switch between a constant current and a pulsating one.

there are ways to do this, do some googling and come back with some links and specific questions on what your find

Milchy said:
4) Information on electrical discharges, breakthrough voltages, working principles etc.

as per my answer to your Q3cheers
Dave

Related to Have an idea I want to realise but...

What is the first step in realizing my idea?

The first step in realizing your idea is to clearly define and articulate it. This includes identifying the problem or need your idea is addressing, as well as outlining the potential benefits and challenges of bringing your idea to life.

How can I determine if my idea is feasible?

Conducting research and seeking feedback from others can help you determine if your idea is feasible. This may include conducting market research, talking to potential users or customers, and seeking advice from experts in the field.

What resources do I need to bring my idea to life?

The resources you need will depend on the specific details of your idea. This may include funding, equipment or materials, and potentially collaborators or team members. It's important to carefully consider the necessary resources and create a plan to obtain them.

How can I overcome obstacles or challenges in realizing my idea?

Obstacles and challenges are a natural part of the process of bringing an idea to life. It's important to stay determined and be open to adapting your approach as needed. Seeking advice and support from mentors or peers can also help you overcome challenges.

How do I protect my idea from being stolen?

There are various methods for protecting your idea, such as obtaining patents or trademarks, signing non-disclosure agreements, and keeping your idea confidential until it is fully developed. It's also important to choose who you share your idea with carefully and to have legal contracts in place when collaborating with others.