Has anyone done 2008 F=ma contest?

In summary, the 2008 F=ma contest is a prestigious physics competition for high school students in the United States, organized by the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT). It was open to students enrolled in a physics course and consisted of a 75-minute, 25-question multiple choice exam on mechanics. The top three scores were 26, 24, and 23 out of 25 points, achieved by three different students from different high schools. The questions from the contest are available for practice on the AAPT's website.
maruhan2
I've been practicing for 2009 F=ma contest (Physics Olympiad preliminary test) by doing 2008 test but the last 10 problems are TOUGH
I couldn't solve any of them correctly
Can anyone help me with them?

Physics news on Phys.org
Try posting individual problems and your attempt at solving them in the appropriate forum in the "Homework and Coursework Help" section. One problem per thread, please, and it's probably a good idea to focus on one problem at a time instead of trying to do several at once.

I am not sure if anyone has specifically done the 2008 F=ma contest, but there are likely people who have participated in previous years' contests and can offer advice and tips for preparing for the 2009 contest. The last 10 problems being tough is not uncommon in physics competitions, as they are designed to challenge and push students' understanding and problem-solving skills. My suggestion would be to continue practicing and seeking help from others, whether it be through online forums or reaching out to past participants. Keep in mind that while it may be discouraging to not have solved any of the last 10 problems, the important thing is to learn from them and use that knowledge to improve for future competitions. Best of luck with your preparation for the 2009 F=ma contest!

Related to Has anyone done 2008 F=ma contest?

1. What is the 2008 F=ma contest?

The F=ma contest is a physics competition for high school students in the United States. It is organized by the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT) and is considered one of the most prestigious physics competitions for high school students.

2. Who can participate in the 2008 F=ma contest?

The 2008 F=ma contest was open to high school students in the United States who were enrolled in a physics course. Students could participate individually or as part of a team.

3. What is the format of the 2008 F=ma contest?

The contest consisted of a 75-minute, 25-question multiple choice exam based on mechanics, designed to test students' understanding of fundamental concepts and their ability to apply them to problem-solving.

4. What were the top scores in the 2008 F=ma contest?

The top three scores in the 2008 F=ma contest were 26, 24, and 23 out of a possible 25 points. These scores were achieved by three different students from different high schools.

5. Are the questions from the 2008 F=ma contest available for practice?

Yes, the AAPT has released the questions from the 2008 F=ma contest for practice purposes. They can be found on the AAPT's website or through a simple internet search.