Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Happy Chinese New Year!

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I want to wish those of our members who have been busy celebrating this event with family and friends (or even helping their elderly neighbors decorate their house ;)), particularly our resident Challenges Aficionado anemone, a Happy New Year and best wishes for happiness and prosperity during this new year. (heart)

I understand today is the first day of year 4712 according to the Chinese lunar calendar, and that this year is the year of the horse. Here is a picture from Malaysia's capital of Kuala Lumpur:

00016c42b4231440298350.jpg

The spirit of the horse is recognized to be the Chinese people's ethos – making unremitting efforts to improve themselves. It is energetic, bright, warm-hearted, intelligent and able. Ancient people liked to designate an able person as 'Qianli Ma', a horse that covers a thousand li a day (one li equals 500 meters).

Strengths
People born in the year of the horse have ingenious communicating techniques and in their community they always want to be in the limelight. They are clever, kind to others, and like to join in a venture career. Although they sometimes talk too much, they are cheerful, perceptive, talented, earthy but stubborn. They like entertainment and large crowds. They are popular among friends, active at work and refuse to be reconciled to failure, although their endeavor cannot last indefinitely.

Weaknesses
They cannot bear too much constraint. However their interest may be only superficial and lacking real substance. They are usually impatient and hot blooded about everything other than their daily work. They are independent and rarely listen to advice. Failure may result in pessimism. They usually have strong endurance but with bad temper. Flamboyant by nature, they are wasteful since they are not good with matters of finance due to a lack of budgetary efficiency. Some of those who are born in the horse like to move in glamorous circles while pursuing high profile careers. They tend to interfere in many things and frequently fail to finish projects of their own.

Horoscope and Numerology Elements
Earthly Branch of Birth Year: wu
Wu Xing (The Five Elements): huo (fire)
Yin Yang: yang
Auspicious Directions: northeast, southwest and northwest
Lucky Colors: brown, yellow, purple; Avoid: blue, white, golden
Lucky Numbers: 2, 3, 7; Avoid 1, 6, 5
Lucky Flowers: calla lily, jasmine, marigold

Celebrities Born in the Year of the Horse
Louisa May Alcott, Chopin, Davy Crockett, Ella Fitzgerald, Aretha Franklin, Sandra Day O'Connor, Rembrandt, Teddy Roosevelt, Sir Isaac Newton, Barbara Streisand, Cindy Crawford, Cynthia Nixon, Denzel Washington, Harrison Ford, Jason Biggs, Jackie Chan, Jerry Seinfeld, John Travolta, Leonard Bernstein, Oprah Winfrey, Paul McCartney, Rembrandt, Ashton Kutcher, Emma Watson, Josh Hartnett, Katie Holmes, Kristen Stewart, Kobe Bryant, Genghis Khan, Emperor Kangxi and Yongzheng of China’s Qing Dynasty (1644 - 1911), and last but not least...anemone. (Star)

mathbalarka

MHB Math Helper
Mar 22, 2013
Happy Chinese New year, anemone (a.k.a. Isbell. I learned a bit of a Legillimency lately!)

anemone

MHB POTW Director
Staff member
Feb 14, 2012
I want to wish those of our members who have been busy celebrating this event with family and friends (or even helping their elderly neighbors decorate their house ;)), particularly our resident Challenges Aficionado anemone, a Happy New Year and best wishes for happiness and prosperity during this new year. (heart)

I understand today is the first day of year 4712 according to the Chinese lunar calendar, and that this year is the year of the horse. Here is a picture from Malaysia's capital of Kuala Lumpur:

View attachment 1892

The spirit of the horse is recognized to be the Chinese people's ethos – making unremitting efforts to improve themselves. It is energetic, bright, warm-hearted, intelligent and able. Ancient people liked to designate an able person as 'Qianli Ma', a horse that covers a thousand li a day (one li equals 500 meters).

Strengths
People born in the year of the horse have ingenious communicating techniques and in their community they always want to be in the limelight. They are clever, kind to others, and like to join in a venture career. Although they sometimes talk too much, they are cheerful, perceptive, talented, earthy but stubborn. They like entertainment and large crowds. They are popular among friends, active at work and refuse to be reconciled to failure, although their endeavor cannot last indefinitely.

Weaknesses
They cannot bear too much constraint. However their interest may be only superficial and lacking real substance. They are usually impatient and hot blooded about everything other than their daily work. They are independent and rarely listen to advice. Failure may result in pessimism. They usually have strong endurance but with bad temper. Flamboyant by nature, they are wasteful since they are not good with matters of finance due to a lack of budgetary efficiency. Some of those who are born in the horse like to move in glamorous circles while pursuing high profile careers. They tend to interfere in many things and frequently fail to finish projects of their own.

Celebrities Born in the Year of the Horse
Louisa May Alcott, Chopin, Davy Crockett, Ella Fitzgerald, Aretha Franklin, Sandra Day O'Connor, Rembrandt, Teddy Roosevelt, Sir Isaac Newton, Barbara Streisand, Cindy Crawford, Cynthia Nixon, Denzel Washington, Harrison Ford, Jason Biggs, Jackie Chan, Jerry Seinfeld, John Travolta, Leonard Bernstein, Oprah Winfrey, Paul McCartney, Rembrandt, Ashton Kutcher, Emma Watson, Josh Hartnett, Katie Holmes, Kristen Stewart, Kobe Bryant, Genghis Khan, Emperor Kangxi and Yongzheng of China’s Qing Dynasty (1644 - 1911), and last but not least...anemone. (Star)
Thank you MarkFL for the best wishes! It seems to me you know more about the strength and weaknesses for those who born in the year of horse than I am!:eek: I also didn't realize until now that John Travolta, Aston Kutcher, Emma Watson and even Jackie Chan were born in the year of the horse!(Sun)

Happy Chinese New year, anemone (a.k.a. Isbell. I learned a bit of a Legillimency lately!)
Thank you mathbalarka!

I want to also post my heartfelt Chinese New Year wishes for the members of the forum:

May this Chinese New Year bring many opportunities to your way,

to explore every joy of life & may your resolutions for the days ahead stay firm,

turning all your dreams into reality and all your efforts into great achievements.

Happy Chinese New Year to you & your loved ones.

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Happy New Year for everyone and I hope your lives will be filled with peace, good health and prosperity. :)

View attachment 1892

Strengths

Weaknesses

Thanks for all the information Mark. I was born in a year of the horse, and the descriptions seems to kinda represent me (not perhaps the strengths but the weaknesses seem to match). :p