Hall effect sensor - 480-5198-ND - Question

In summary, the conversation discusses how to use a hall effect sensor to control the on/off state of an LED. The solution proposed is to use a common-emitter NPN transistor stage to invert the output signal, which can be achieved by inputting the signal into the base through a resistor and having the inverted signal on the collector and associated output resistor. The conversation also mentions that a common-emitter NPN configuration is commonly used to invert a signal and suggests doing a search for a tutorial on NPN common-emitter inverter circuits. Additionally, the conversation asks for an explanation on how to calculate the values of R1 and R2 for the circuit.
ToonBlue

Homework Statement

I am using the a hall effect sensor - model 480-5198-ND. I have tested this simple circuit using a LED and it is working. However, it is "ON" by default. Only when the magnet is near the hall effect sensor , it will be "OFF".

How do I make it such that it is OFF by default and ON only when the magnet is near the hall effect sensor?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

http://[ATTACH=full]199957[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 1111.jpg
    1111.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The A in my diagram means that it is connected to the LED.

Follow it with a common-emitter NPN transistor stage to invert the output signal. Does that make sense?

Can I have some explanation why it is able to invert the signal?

May I know how do I calculate the value of R1 and R2?

Related to Hall effect sensor - 480-5198-ND - Question

1. What is a Hall effect sensor and how does it work?

A Hall effect sensor is a type of transducer that converts magnetic fields into electrical signals. It works by measuring the Hall voltage, which is the voltage that develops across a conductive material when a magnetic field is applied perpendicular to the direction of current flow.

2. What is the purpose of the Hall effect sensor - 480-5198-ND?

The Hall effect sensor - 480-5198-ND is a specific model of Hall effect sensor that is commonly used for measuring current and detecting the presence of magnetic fields. It has a compact design, high sensitivity, and low power consumption, making it ideal for a variety of applications.

3. How accurate is the Hall effect sensor - 480-5198-ND?

The accuracy of the Hall effect sensor - 480-5198-ND depends on various factors such as the strength and orientation of the magnetic field, the temperature, and the quality of the sensor itself. Generally, it has a high accuracy with a low error margin.

4. What are the advantages of using a Hall effect sensor?

There are several advantages of using a Hall effect sensor, including its non-contact operation, high sensitivity, and ability to measure both DC and AC currents. It also has a wide dynamic range, low power consumption, and can be easily integrated into electronic circuits.

5. What are the common applications of a Hall effect sensor?

Hall effect sensors are commonly used in a variety of industrial, automotive, and consumer electronics applications. Some examples include current sensing in power supplies and motor control, speed and position sensing in automobiles, and proximity and position sensing in smartphones and laptops.