Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Greetings, Earthlings...!

DreamWeaver

Sep 16, 2013
Hi all! :D

I'm Gethin, by the way (that's as much a name as a state of mind, but it serves me well as both). I live in North London, and I suppose I'm what you might call a polygeek (my other hobbies include writing drum and bass on my compooter, ROM-hacking old SNES games, and fossil hunting, to name but a few).

I'm an old-hand at forumming, but very much the noob in terms of maths forums.

As far as maths is concerned, I'm a keen self-taught amateur - who's also a tad rusty, after a several-year siesta - and am mainly interested in special functions and various trigonometric flavours of logarithmic integrals (Inverse Tangent Integrals, Clausen Functions, yada, yada, yada...)

Anyways, nice to 'meet' you all! (Wasntme)

Gethin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello and welcome to MHB, Gethin! (Sun)

We have several here into music, programming, and gaming, but to my knowledge you are our first avid fossil hunter. What would you say has been your most interesting find?

Best Regards,

Mark.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi Gethin, (Wave)

Welcome to MHB! So glad you found us.

I went to London once a few years and loved the city, although I spent all my summer savings because of the high costs and bad dollar/pound exchange rate :(.

If you have any questions, comments or anything on your mind please don't hesitate to let us know. I hope to see you around! :D

Jameson

DreamWeaver

Sep 16, 2013
Thanks for the very warm welcome, folks... (Sun)

It's a really cool forum you've got here, and I'm glad I found it!

Not really sure what my most interesting fossil find is, Mark, as I've so many (I try to love them all equally lest the rest catch wind of it ;) ). I've some nice fish poo with all sorts of crustacean appendages in... (Wasntme)

More seriously - or indeed tastefully - here are a few of my fave recent finds:

P1010344_A.jpgP1010362_D.jpgP1010376_AH.jpg

Bacterius

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
Welcome to MHB Gethin :p

Very nice shells, certainly not your average "I found this on the beach" kind ;) fossil hunting sounds fun.

DreamWeaver

Sep 16, 2013
Thanks, Bacterius! :D

One of these days I'm gonna make it over to NZ for a spot of rock-perving... Although I might, very possibly, also have other reasons to visit... (Beer) (Beer) (Beer)

[My granddad's from Christchurch, see, so I have it on good authority that the beer is VERY good... ]