Greetings, asking for sources.

In summary, Fu is a new member of the forums, and is looking for advice on what books to study to prepare for a future in mechano-informatics. The community offers suggestions for books to Fu, and welcomes him.
Fukushuusha
Greetings everyone,
I am new to these forums but just by looking around a little I see that it is a community I would love to be a part of. I am a 20 year old students of Informatics technology from Greece. I do realize that what I do is not connected directly with physics or engineering.
I kind of plan to go for a mechano-informatics degree later that is why I would like to start studying on my own. Since you people seem to really be knowledgeable which books of physics and/or engineering would you suggest to me? I would like that extra something to study because of what I plan to do after I graduate from my IT course.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give to me.
If you don't understand something in my post just ask and I will give clarifications.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Fu. (There is no disrespect involved in me shortening your name... I just can't remember how to spell it long enough to post, and it saves a lot of time.)
I'm definitely no scholar, but I've been kicking around for a fairly long time. I must admit that I've never heard of the term 'Informatics'. From the word alone, I would surmise that it in some way deals with the automation of information transfer. Am I even close?

Thanks for the welcome. There is no problem in name shortening ofcourse. It may be because I am not a native english speaker but I thought that is how it is called in English. Informatics , aka computer science , the science of information(IT).That is what I meant, but I thought it is an english word anyway.

As per the first post I made, any books(or any other sources for that matter) you people could suggest would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome. Here are a couple of suggestions to get you going:

1) Use the search function. You can find a lot of previous threads covering a lot of topics.

2) Visit the FAQ/Tutorial forum here:
https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151

There are tons of links and information that should keep you busy for a while. When you need help, don't be afraid to ask.

I will do so. I realize now that I might have been a little hasty coming here asking without searching the forums first. For that I apologise. Well then on to searching then.

Still if anyone who has ever had similar background with me and would like to "break in" physics/engineering say so in this topic.

Also thanks FredGarvin for the help :)

Related to Greetings, asking for sources.

1. What is the purpose of asking for sources?

Asking for sources is important in order to verify the accuracy and reliability of information. It allows for further research and fact-checking to ensure the validity of claims or data.

2. How can I ask for sources in a polite manner?

When asking for sources, it is important to be respectful and non-confrontational. You can begin by thanking the person for sharing the information and then politely ask if they have a source or reference for their claim.

3. What should I do if someone refuses to provide sources?

If someone refuses to provide sources, you can try to explain the importance of sources and the value of evidence-based information. If they still refuse, it may be best to seek information from other sources.

4. Can I trust all sources that are provided?

No, not all sources are trustworthy. It is important to critically evaluate the source and consider factors such as credibility, bias, and relevance before accepting it as a reliable source of information.

5. How can I find additional sources for information?

You can find additional sources by conducting your own research through reputable databases, academic journals, or consulting with experts in the field. It is important to use a variety of sources to ensure a well-rounded understanding of the topic.