Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Greetings! And math is my nemesis....

StormAngelus

Jan 30, 2017
Greetings and salutations, friends! My name's Storm, and I've just started college after 20 years of being out of high school.

That sounded strangely like an AA greeting... sorry....

I'm engaged to a wonderful man and recently enrolled into college. I'm 38 years old and working on my English degree - so when it comes to math, I have a philosophy - it leaves me alone, I leave it alone, and we go about our ways. But now, alas, due to requirements, I'm finding myself facing my old nemesis and hoping I can actually survive long enough to get this degree.

I really would love to pull in a straight A average, but I just don't think it's going to happen.

So enough about me! How are you fine folks today?

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello and welcome to MHB, Storm. (Wave)

I'm glad you found us, and we'll be delighted to help you in your study of mathematics. I noticed you posted elsewhere asking about which forum to use for your posts, and just try to make your best judgement call about the type of mathematics being used in the problems. If you have any doubt about where to post, just make your best guess, then use the "Report Post" feature (icon at the lower left of posts, looks like this:
) and briefly explain that you aren't sure if it's in the right forum, and our staff will be glad to move it if needed. The icon will turn red after you've reported the post, and hovering over the icon will tell you whether the report has been marked by staff as resolved or not.

If you have any questions about using any site feature, you can either PM a senior staff member (MHB Administrator or MHB Global Moderator), or post in our Questions, Comments, and Feedback forum and we'll be glad to assist.

Best Regards,

Mark.

Joppy

MHB Math Helper
Mar 17, 2016
Greetings and salutations, friends! My name's Storm, and I've just started college after 20 years of being out of high school.

That sounded strangely like an AA greeting... sorry....

I'm engaged to a wonderful man and recently enrolled into college. I'm 38 years old and working on my English degree - so when it comes to math, I have a philosophy - it leaves me alone, I leave it alone, and we go about our ways. But now, alas, due to requirements, I'm finding myself facing my old nemesis and hoping I can actually survive long enough to get this degree.

I really would love to pull in a straight A average, but I just don't think it's going to happen.

So enough about me! How are you fine folks today?
Welcome welcome.

Fear not! Survival is characteristic of human nature. A desire for success however, is not so intrinsic, but comes with persistence and motivation!