Green power project - little hydrogen cruiser

In summary, the stand up scooter I bought can go upto 20mph and I weigh 142lbs. The problem is that the range is only 10 miles and the stock SLA batteries packs only last about 10 minutes. I would like to use hydrogen fuel cells but how long would a liter tank of hydrogen last with a 2000W motor (my current one is 1100watts)? I also can't help you because I know next to nothing about the scooter.
linux kid
I bought this stand up scooter for $850. It's made by a company called http://goped.com" . It can go upto 20mph and I weigh 142lbs. But the problem is, as with all electric scooters is they get low range. Mine get's about 10 miles and it runs on stock SLA batteries packs.

Picture: http://www.neoscooters.com/prodimages/goped-ESRExbig.jpg

I would like to go 40-45mph with plenty of torque. I already have a gas one that can do this but is too loud so I stopped riding is for my neighbors sake o:)

I would like to use Hydrogen fuel cells but how long would a liter tank of hydrogen last with a 2000W motor (my current one is 1100watts)?

How many fuel cells would I need? I wan't as much range as possible while still fitting the fuel cells in the 24"x12"x2" battery compartment.

Also can anybody suggest a motor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Batteries are not perfect and a battery's energy storage is almost always proportional to its size. Don't expect a battery to output more power for a longer distance and take up the same space.

KingNothing said:
Batteries are not perfect and a battery's energy storage is almost always proportional to its size. Don't expect a battery to output more power for a longer distance and take up the same space.

Well I said fuel cell should fit in the battery compartment but hydrogen tank may be about a liter and can be mounted separately somewhere.

Sorry about the confusion.Mybe I can get a high pressure tank for it and stuff it at about 5,000psi but would it be safe

Last edited:
No one's going to help me? :frown:

I can't help you because I know next to nothing about it. It does seem to me, though, that it might not be worth the effort and expense.
Can't you just put a muffler on your gas machine and save the electric one for a grocery-getter or inner-city travel?

Try contacting a supplier of fuel cells. They will know the details you are after.

Related to Green power project - little hydrogen cruiser

1. What is a green power project?

A green power project refers to any initiative that aims to promote the use of renewable and sustainable energy sources. These projects often involve the development and implementation of technologies or systems that reduce carbon emissions and promote environmental sustainability.

2. What is a little hydrogen cruiser?

A little hydrogen cruiser is a small ship or boat that runs on hydrogen fuel. Hydrogen is a clean and renewable energy source that produces only water as a byproduct when burned, making it an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional fossil fuels.

3. How does a green power project involving a little hydrogen cruiser work?

A green power project involving a little hydrogen cruiser would involve installing a hydrogen fuel cell system on the ship. The fuel cell converts the stored hydrogen into electricity, which powers the ship's motor. As the ship moves, only water is emitted as exhaust, making it a zero-emission vessel.

4. What are the benefits of a green power project with a little hydrogen cruiser?

The benefits of a green power project with a little hydrogen cruiser are numerous. It reduces carbon emissions, promotes sustainable and renewable energy use, and reduces dependence on fossil fuels. Additionally, hydrogen is a readily available and affordable resource, making it a cost-effective alternative for powering ships.

5. Are there any challenges associated with a green power project using a little hydrogen cruiser?

Yes, there are some challenges that come with implementing a green power project using a little hydrogen cruiser. The infrastructure for producing and distributing hydrogen is not yet widespread, making it difficult to refuel the ship in certain areas. Additionally, the initial cost of installing a hydrogen fuel cell system may be higher than traditional fossil fuel systems, although the long-term cost savings and environmental benefits make it a worthwhile investment.