Great techno music for crunching numbers

In summary, the person finds that listening to upbeat, techno music, specifically "Such Great Heights" by The Postal Service, helps them do math homework. They feel a small high when they can keep up with the fast beat of the song. They ask for recommendations for similar music and someone suggests downloading Derrick May's mixes or listening to "Call on Me" by Eric Prydz. The person also mentions that certain MSI songs and "Fallen" by Delirium also help them with math. They compare the feeling to how certain music helps with motivation for exercise.
intp
Okay, lately I find that listening to something upbeat, techno-y, kind of repetitive, and fast paced has really helped me do my math homework.

Lately the song: such great heights- the version by the postal service has been on repeat its practically my perfect companion for math lol.. I feel a small high when I can "catch up" to fast beat of the tune if you know what I mean.

So, do you guys have any kind of music that helps you do math/or any homework for that matter? Preferably techno songs as said title. :)

But any music will do just please recommend some!

Science news on Phys.org
download Derrick May's mixes off the internet.

http://soundcloud.com/r_co/derrick-may-6-mix-bbc-radio-1-31-10-2009"

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose its a similar feeling to how certain music helps you feel motivated to excercise, except this is with math.

SOME MSI songs did help me aswell: sweetheart, Straight to video, mastermind.

oh and .. a flash in the night by the secret service.. :-/

Skinny Puppy- protest.

and Owl City.

Only the really catchy "dance" ones work when I'm already moderately good at that particular math subject, it depends.

Thanks guys I will be sure to check it out.

That song: fallen by delirium, reminds me of manic star by conjure one.

Related to Great techno music for crunching numbers

1. What is "techno" music?

"Techno" music is a genre of electronic dance music that originated in Detroit, Michigan in the 1980s. It is characterized by a repetitive, machine-like beat and the use of synthesizers and other electronic instruments.

2. How can techno music help with crunching numbers?

Techno music, with its repetitive and energetic beat, can help create a focused and energized environment which can aid in enhancing productivity and concentration while crunching numbers.

3. Are there any specific types of techno music that are best for crunching numbers?

The type of techno music that is best for crunching numbers can vary from person to person. However, instrumental techno music with a steady and consistent beat is generally preferred as it can provide a consistent rhythm to work to without distracting vocals.

4. Can listening to techno music while crunching numbers have any negative effects?

In general, listening to music while working can have both positive and negative effects depending on the individual. Some people may find that techno music helps them focus and be more productive, while others may find it distracting. It is important to find what works best for you.

5. Is there any scientific evidence to support the idea that techno music can improve productivity while crunching numbers?

There have been some studies that suggest listening to music, including techno music, can have a positive effect on productivity and concentration. However, the effectiveness of music can vary from person to person, so it is important to find what works best for you personally when it comes to productivity and music.