Gravity and ideas of how we can effect it on earth

In summary: So it is quite appropriate to say "we don't know yet". It's also appropriate to say "we do know that your idea is not compatible with those facts". It's not appropriate to say "your idea is stupid" or "you're stupid"!In summary, the conversation discussed the laws of gravity and questioned if there is a way to affect them on Earth. The concept of "thinking outside the box" was brought up, but it was noted that ignoring established facts will not lead to accurate conclusions. The idea that large objects with mass cause gravity was also discussed, and it was mentioned that any object with mass has gravity, even if it may be very small. The conversation concluded by stating that it is acceptable to
ChangingRules
Still in 2012 there is no reason for gravity (that i can find online) and only the few laws of gravity (Newton, Einstein). I am no Scientist and not claiming i know allot about Physics however i do know the basics and want people to put the basics aside and think outside the square on this question. "how we can effect it on earth"

Also another question is if "large" objects with allot of mass cause gravity on/in time-space (mesh), is there a minimum and maximum for the effects of gravity and why if we put something into space (like a spacecraft ) that it does not create any gravity of its own? or does it? I would think that if you put something on nothing then it would create something (even if it is very small) given every action has a reaction.

again I am no scientist so be nice and please don't answer by saying we don't know that yet, facts or your ideas will be a good answer.

Physics news on Phys.org
There is no reason for any fundamental physical law.
I would be concerned if there would be 10 or more sets of laws of gravity. They cannot be all true, unless they are just different ways to write the same laws.

"how we can effect it on earth"
The laws itself? Not at all.
Gravity? Move masses around.

Also another question is if "large" objects with allot of mass cause gravity on/in time-space (mesh), is there a minimum and maximum for the effects of gravity and why if we put something into space (like a spacecraft ) that it does not create any gravity of its own?
There is no known minimum, and such a minimum would be really strange. After all, the Earth is just a big collection of small particles. If you don't get gravity from all those particles on their own, why should you get gravity if those particles are close to each other?

ChangingRules said:
Still in 2012 there is no reason for gravity (that i can find online) and only the few laws of gravity (Newton, Einstein). I am no Scientist and not claiming i know allot about Physics however i do know the basics and want people to put the basics aside and think outside the square on this question. "how we can effect it on earth"

Also another question is if "large" objects with allot of mass cause gravity on/in time-space (mesh), is there a minimum and maximum for the effects of gravity and why if we put something into space (like a spacecraft ) that it does not create any gravity of its own? or does it? I would think that if you put something on nothing then it would create something (even if it is very small) given every action has a reaction.

again I am no scientist so be nice and please don't answer by saying we don't know that yet, facts or your ideas will be a good answer.

Welcome to the PF.

We do not "put the basics aside and think outside the box" here at the PF. Please check your PMs and re-read the Rules link at the top of the page. Thread is locked.

ChangingRules said:
Still in 2012 there is no reason for gravity (that i can find online) and only the few laws of gravity (Newton, Einstein).
"No reason for gravity"? Surely you don't mean that? I like breathing and rely on gravity to keep the air from floating off into space!

I am no Scientist and not claiming i know allot about Physics however i do know the basics and want people to put the basics aside and think outside the square on this question. "how we can effect it on earth"
I'm not sure what you mean by "think outside the square". If you mean ignore what we do know, then all you will get is non-sense. I could, for example, "put the basics aside and think outside the square", declaring that painting an object green will make it resistant to gravity. But that won't make it true!

Every theory we have says that any with mass (or, more correctly, mass-energy) has gravity. I have no idea what you could mean by "put something on nothing".

Even if it is true that "we don't know that yet"? Even if we "don't know yet" what "causes gravity", any theory we come up with will have to fit the large amounts of facts that we do know about gravity.

First of all, I appreciate your curiosity and interest in understanding gravity. I can tell you that gravity is one of the most fundamental forces in the universe and our understanding of it has evolved over centuries, thanks to the contributions of great minds like Newton and Einstein.

To address your first question on how we can affect gravity on Earth, I would like to point out that gravity is a natural phenomenon and cannot be manipulated or altered by human actions. However, we can certainly use our knowledge of gravity to design technologies that can help us overcome its effects. For example, we use rockets and engines to launch spacecraft into space, which counteracts Earth's gravitational pull. We also use devices like elevators and escalators to defy gravity and move objects vertically.

Now, coming to your second question about the minimum and maximum effects of gravity, it is important to understand that gravity is a force that is directly proportional to the masses of two objects and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them. This means that the larger the mass of an object, the stronger its gravitational pull. However, there is no specific minimum or maximum limit for the effects of gravity. It varies depending on the masses and distances involved.

As for your question about why a spacecraft in space does not create its own gravity, it actually does. However, the gravitational pull of a spacecraft is very small compared to the Earth's gravitational pull, which is why it is not noticeable. Also, the spacecraft is constantly moving and its gravitational pull is constantly changing, making it difficult to measure.

To conclude, while we may not be able to manipulate or alter gravity, our understanding of it has allowed us to develop technologies that can help us overcome its effects. And as we continue to explore and study the universe, we may discover more about gravity and its mysteries. Thank you for your thought-provoking questions and I hope this response was helpful.

Related to Gravity and ideas of how we can effect it on earth

1. How does gravity affect objects on Earth?

Gravity is the force that pulls objects towards each other. On Earth, the gravity of the Earth is what keeps us grounded and causes objects to fall towards the ground when dropped. The strength of gravity on Earth is approximately 9.8 meters per second squared.

2. Can we manipulate or control gravity on Earth?

Currently, there is no known way to manipulate or control gravity on Earth. However, scientists are constantly researching and experimenting with different ideas and technologies that may one day allow us to have some control over gravity.

3. What are some ideas for how we can affect gravity on Earth?

Some ideas for how we can affect gravity on Earth include using massive objects to create gravitational fields, harnessing the power of electromagnetism, and using advanced technologies such as anti-gravity devices.

4. How does gravity affect the Earth's orbit and rotation?

Gravity plays a crucial role in the Earth's orbit and rotation. The gravity of the Sun keeps the Earth in its orbit, and the Earth's rotation is also affected by the gravitational pull of the Moon. Without gravity, the Earth would not be able to maintain its current orbit and rotation, which are essential for supporting life.

5. Can we ever completely eliminate the effects of gravity on Earth?

No, it is not possible to completely eliminate the effects of gravity on Earth. Even if we were to create technologies that allowed us to manipulate gravity, the force would still be present. Gravity is a fundamental force of the universe, and its effects are essential for the functioning of our planet.