Gravity and Gas Pressure on an Accelerating Object

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of faster than light travel and its effects on particles with mass and gas pressure. The question is whether it is possible to repel some of the particles with mass to decrease the amount of fuel needed for the engine, and if the gas pressure would increase and could be repelled during faster than light travel. There is also a request for improved grammar in the original post.
Dryson
I know talking about faster than light speed travel is taboo on forums like this but the questions I have are these:

Particle with Mass

When an object travels faster and faster towards the speed of light and particles with mass are attracted to the object at a faster rate because of the velocity of the object and the area of space that the object is occupying and the mass of the object increases because of the attraction between the particles with mass and the object itself is it possible to repel some of the particles with mass that would add the most mass to the object thus causing it too use less fuel due to the decreased amount of mass that the engine must burn through?

Gas Pressure

I read in article, link provided if necessary, that the gas pressure of the Universe is almost zero. When traveling faster and faster towards the speed of light would the gas pressure upon an object increase volumetrically, I think that's the word, to create a gas pressure that would increase the need to increase the velocity of the ship and is it possible to repel the gas particles?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Could you...maybe edit your grammar to make your post readable? That first sentence is one long long long run on sentence, and I have no idea what you're asking.

I'm sorry, but since multiple people (including several moderators and a science advisor) are having trouble even understanding what you are asking, I'm going to close this thread. Please try to form a clear, concise question and use better grammar if possible.

Related to Gravity and Gas Pressure on an Accelerating Object

1. How does gravity affect an accelerating object?

Gravity is a force that pulls objects towards each other. When an object is accelerating, it is experiencing a change in velocity, either in speed or direction. The force of gravity will continue to act on the object, causing it to accelerate downward. This is why objects fall when dropped from a height, as the force of gravity is pulling them towards the ground.

2. How does gas pressure change on an accelerating object?

Gas pressure is the force that gas molecules exert on the walls of a container. When an object is accelerating, the gas molecules inside the container will also be accelerated. This will cause an increase in their kinetic energy, resulting in an increase in gas pressure. As the object accelerates faster, the gas pressure will also increase.

3. Why does gas pressure increase with acceleration?

Gas pressure is directly related to the speed and number of gas molecules colliding with the walls of a container. When an object accelerates, it increases the speed of the gas molecules inside the container, resulting in more frequent and forceful collisions with the walls. This leads to an increase in gas pressure.

4. How does gravity and gas pressure work together on an accelerating object?

Gravity and gas pressure both play a role in the behavior of an accelerating object. Gravity pulls the object towards the ground, while gas pressure pushes against the walls of a container. As an object accelerates, both forces will increase, with gravity pulling the object downwards and gas pressure pushing against the walls of the container.

5. Can gas pressure and gravity be counteracted on an accelerating object?

Yes, it is possible to counteract the effects of gravity and gas pressure on an accelerating object. This can be achieved through various means, such as using a parachute to increase air resistance and slow down the acceleration caused by gravity. Additionally, adjusting the shape and volume of the container can also help to balance the forces of gravity and gas pressure on the object.