Gravitational fields - move from A to infinity

In summary: Your English is not clear enough to me to be able to understand what you are asking. I'm sorry.In summary, the conversation is about a problem with obtaining an expression of infinity connected to an angle in a given picture. The individual suggests using the equation AAB=m*∫*K dr=ΔEk and asks for help with finding the solution. Another person responds by mentioning gravity as a conservative force and questioning the definition of gravitational potential energy in terms of work and infinity. The original asker is then reminded to show effort before asking for help and it is acknowledged that their English may not be clear enough to understand the problem fully.
Denul

Homework Statement

I have been trying solve this ask, but there is a problem. I don´t know how I can obtain an expression of infinity which is connected with angle.
Picture is as Attach Files2. The attempt at a solution

I think, I must use this equations AAB=m * ∫ * K dr = Δ Ek

Is there anyone who knows the solution?

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• from A to infinity.jpg
    from A to infinity.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF;
As the object moves alng the marked trajectory, do the angles change?

But this is a red herring - ignore it.

Consider: gravity is a conservative force - what does this mean in terms of the work to go between two points?

What is the definition of gravitational potential energy?
(In terms of work and infinity?)

Denul said:

Homework Statement

I have been trying solve this ask, but there is a problem. I don´t know how I can obtain an expression of infinity which is connected with angle.
Picture is as Attach Files

2. The attempt at a solution

I think, I must use this equations AAB=m * ∫ * K dr = Δ Ek

Is there anyone who knows the solution?

The Attempt at a Solution

Welcome to the PF.

Please check your PMs. You *must* show some effort in your schoolwork questions here.

Related to Gravitational fields - move from A to infinity

1. What is a gravitational field?

A gravitational field is a region in space where an object with mass experiences a force due to the presence of another object with mass. This force is known as gravity.

2. How does an object move in a gravitational field?

An object in a gravitational field moves along the path of least resistance, which is determined by the strength and direction of the gravitational force acting on it. This path can be a straight line or a curved trajectory, depending on the shape of the field.

3. What is the significance of moving from point A to infinity in a gravitational field?

Moving from point A to infinity in a gravitational field allows us to understand the strength of the gravitational force between two objects. As the distance between two objects increases, the gravitational force decreases. At infinity, the force becomes negligible and the objects are considered to be in a state of equilibrium.

4. How is the strength of a gravitational field measured?

The strength of a gravitational field is measured by the acceleration an object experiences when placed in that field. This is known as the gravitational acceleration and is denoted by the symbol 'g'.

5. What is the relationship between mass and gravitational fields?

Mass and gravitational fields have a direct relationship. The greater the mass of an object, the stronger its gravitational field. This means that the larger the object, the more it will affect the motion of other objects around it through its gravitational field.