Graphics Card Comparison: nVidia XFX Geforce FX 5700 LE vs ASUS A9550 GE

• Thread starter sid_galt
  • Start date
In summary, both the nVidia XFX Geforce FX 5700 LE 256 MB and ASUS A9550 GE 128 MB graphics cards are old and may not provide satisfactory performance for newer games like Half-Life 2 and Doom3. It would be better to invest in a newer card such as the GeForce6600GT or ATI 9800XT. It is also important to check the compatibility with your PC before making a decision. Additionally, it is recommended to avoid limited or "cut" editions of cards as they may have lower performance.
sid_galt
I am thinking of buying either nVidia XFX Geforce FX 5700 LE 256 MB or
ASUS A9550 GE 128 MB graphics card?

Which one is better for say a game like MS Flight Simulator '04 or say watching something live on the Internet?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I would suggest not to buy either of them. Look, they are both quite old graphic cards and if you want a good card for gaming, and I mean serious gaming including new games like Half-Life 2 and Doom3 , then you will propably not be satisfied. Actually after a few months you will propably start having some problems with new games. Of course they are quite cheap so it also depends on how much you want to spend. Anyway I would suggest GeForce6600GT if you want a really good and new card, or ATI 9800XT or even ATI 9600XT.
You could also check some internet reviews of these cards and find which one really suites you . One important notice: if your PC is really old then even if you buy the best card, it won't have really good performance. Check it out before you decide.

Something I forgot: I would avoid limited editions, and generally "cut" editions of cards if I were you. Sometimes, they have much lower performance than the uncut ones

1. What are the main differences between the nVidia XFX Geforce FX 5700 LE and ASUS A9550 GE graphics cards?

The nVidia XFX Geforce FX 5700 LE and ASUS A9550 GE are both budget-level graphics cards, but there are some key differences between them. The FX 5700 LE has a higher clock speed and more memory bandwidth, making it better for gaming and high-demand graphics tasks. The A9550 GE has a lower clock speed and less memory bandwidth, but it is still a decent choice for everyday use and older games.

2. Which graphics card is better for gaming?

If you are mainly interested in gaming, the nVidia XFX Geforce FX 5700 LE would be the better choice. It has a higher clock speed and more memory bandwidth, which are important for running newer and more demanding games. However, the A9550 GE can still handle older games and basic gaming needs.

3. Are there any notable features that set these two graphics cards apart?

One notable feature of the nVidia XFX Geforce FX 5700 LE is its support for DirectX 9.0, which allows for more advanced graphics and effects in games. The ASUS A9550 GE, on the other hand, has a lower power consumption and is more energy-efficient. This may be a consideration for those looking for a more environmentally friendly option.

4. Which graphics card is better for photo and video editing?

For photo and video editing, the nVidia XFX Geforce FX 5700 LE would be the better choice. Its higher clock speed and more memory bandwidth allow for faster rendering and processing of graphics. However, the A9550 GE can still handle basic editing tasks and would be a suitable choice for those on a budget.

5. Is there a significant price difference between these two graphics cards?

The nVidia XFX Geforce FX 5700 LE and ASUS A9550 GE are both budget-level graphics cards, so there is not a significant price difference between them. However, the FX 5700 LE may be slightly more expensive due to its higher performance capabilities. Ultimately, the price may vary depending on the retailer and any current deals or promotions.

Back