Graduate after 3 years bachelors

In summary, a user at Jacobs University Bremen in Germany is wondering if their 3-year bachelor's program is accepted for a doctorate in the USA. Other users have mentioned that some graduates from this university have gone on to do postgraduate study in the US and UK, with one user sharing a success story of a student with a high GPA, research experience, and a good PGRE score. It is recommended to check out the website www.physicsgre.com for more information.
dpa
Hi all,
my college is jacobs university bremen, germany. and has 3 years bachelors. Does anyone know whether that program is accepted for doctorate in usa?
Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
The three Germans that I know at my university all went on to get a Master's in England before coming to the US for PhD.

dpa said:
Hi all,
my college is jacobs university bremen, germany. and has 3 years bachelors. Does anyone know whether that program is accepted for doctorate in usa?
Thank you.

When I was looking at their prospectus - that was for math though, not physics - they claimed that their graduated students had gone for postgraduate study in the States and the UK. Can't remember where exactly but at least, it's possible.

You might want to check out www.physicsgre.com. I've seen a few persons with 3-year degrees applying and getting in, on certain occasions. One such success story, if you will, is that of the user SPat. Use Google to find his post. You should note that he had a solid GPA, research experience and a PGRE of 990.

Related to Graduate after 3 years bachelors

1. What is a "3 years bachelors" degree?

A "3 years bachelors" degree is a bachelor's degree program that typically takes three years to complete instead of the more common four years. This condensed program is often offered in certain countries or for specific fields of study.

2. How is a "3 years bachelors" degree different from a traditional bachelor's degree?

A "3 years bachelors" degree is different from a traditional bachelor's degree in terms of duration and course load. As the name suggests, a "3 years bachelors" degree is completed in three years, while a traditional bachelor's degree takes four years. This means that a "3 years bachelors" degree may have a more condensed curriculum and require students to take a heavier course load each semester.

3. Can I still pursue a graduate degree with a "3 years bachelors" degree?

Yes, you can still pursue a graduate degree with a "3 years bachelors" degree. However, it may depend on the specific graduate program and institution you are applying to. Some may require a traditional four-year bachelor's degree, while others may accept a "3 years bachelors" degree. It is important to research the requirements of your desired graduate program beforehand.

4. Are "3 years bachelors" degrees recognized internationally?

Yes, "3 years bachelors" degrees are recognized internationally. However, it is important to note that the recognition and acceptance of these degrees may vary depending on the country and institution you are applying to. It is best to research the recognition of your degree in your desired country beforehand.

5. What are the benefits of completing a "3 years bachelors" degree?

The main benefit of completing a "3 years bachelors" degree is the shorter duration, which can save time and money for students. This can also allow students to enter the workforce or pursue further education sooner. Additionally, some "3 years bachelors" degree programs may offer a more focused and specialized curriculum, which can be beneficial for certain fields of study.