Goodbye Physics Post - PF Discusses Transferred Articles

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Physics Post will be shutting down soon and some articles will be transferred to PF as new threads. Please do not mistake them for spam as they will be posted under the username "PhysicsPost". Feel free to discuss them. Despite being on the platform for 2.5 years, one user has only just discovered Physics Post and blames others for not bringing it to their attention. The reason for the shutdown is unknown. Rest in peace, Physics Post.
We're going to be bringing down Physics Post very shortly. We'll be transferring some of the articles over to PF as new threads. Please don't mistake them as spam. They will be posted under the username "PhysicsPost". Feel free to discuss them :)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I can't believe I've been here for 2.5 years and haven't heard of Physics Post until now. This is everyone's fault but my own.

Last edited:
Dembadon said:
I can't believe I've been here for 2.5 years and haven't heard of Physics Post until now. This is everyone else's fault but my own.

These is a reason we are ending its operations lol :)

Last edited:
Greg Bernhardt said:
These is a reason we are ending it's operations lol :)

:smile:

RIP Physics Post.

Related to Goodbye Physics Post - PF Discusses Transferred Articles

1. What is the purpose of transferring articles in the physics community?

The purpose of transferring articles in the physics community is to ensure that research and findings are shared among different scientific communities. By transferring articles, scientists can collaborate and build upon each other's work, leading to advancements in the field of physics.

2. How are articles chosen to be transferred?

Articles are chosen to be transferred based on their relevance and contribution to the field of physics. They are typically chosen by editors or peer reviewers who determine the quality and significance of the research being presented.

3. What happens to the original publisher of the transferred article?

The original publisher of the transferred article retains the rights to the content, but the transferred article will also be published by the receiving journal or publication. This allows for wider dissemination of the research and recognition for the original publisher.

4. How does transferring articles benefit the scientific community?

Transferring articles benefits the scientific community by promoting collaboration and knowledge sharing among scientists. It also allows for a more diverse range of perspectives and expertise to be considered in the research process, leading to more robust and comprehensive findings.

5. Are there any downsides to transferring articles?

One potential downside to transferring articles is the possibility of duplicate publication, where the same research is published in multiple journals. This can lead to confusion and dilution of the original research. However, this can be mitigated by proper citation and recognition of the original publication.