Good question > 50% of the answer

• Thread starter deda
  • Start date
In summary, the law of lever is a conditional law, meaning it is not absolute and has a solution. This is similar to other physical equations, such as the product of initial pressure and volume being equal to the final pressure and volume at constant temperature, and the initial momentum being equal to the final momentum in elastic collisions.
deda
Let the good question be your guide on the journey to the truth!
My question for you goes: Is the law of lever conditional law and if so then which condition is that?

Physics news on Phys.org
If condition is to mean not absolute or mean having a solution.

There are physical equations that have infinite number of solution. A case in point are Einstein's field equations of general relativity.

others infinite solutions are the following:

At constant temperature, the product of initial pressure and volume is equal to the final pressure and volume.

[tex]P_i V_i = P_f V_f [/tex]

Also for elastic collisions, the initial momentum is equal to the final momentum.

[tex] m_1 v^{i}_1 + m_2 v^{i}_2 = m_1 v^{f}_1 + m_2 v^{f}_2 [/tex]

Related to Good question > 50% of the answer

1) What is the importance of asking a good question in science?

Asking a good question is crucial in science because it helps guide the research and investigation process. A good question is specific, relevant, and testable, which allows for a focused and efficient approach to finding the answer. It also contributes to the advancement of knowledge by addressing gaps in understanding and generating new ideas.

2) How do you determine if a question is a good one?

A good question is one that is specific, relevant, and testable. It should be clear and concise, and it should address a gap in knowledge or understanding. It should also be able to be answered through research and investigation, and not just by speculation or opinion.

3) Can a good question lead to more questions?

Yes, a good question can often lead to more questions. This is because a good question often addresses a complex or multifaceted issue, and finding the answer may require breaking it down into smaller, more specific questions. Additionally, the process of researching and investigating the initial question may uncover new information or perspectives that lead to additional questions.

4) How does asking a good question contribute to the scientific method?

Asking a good question is the first step in the scientific method. It helps identify the problem or issue that needs to be addressed and provides a clear direction for the research and investigation process. A good question also helps form hypotheses, which are then tested through experiments and data analysis. By answering a good question, scientists can draw conclusions and contribute to the body of scientific knowledge.

5) Can a good question be subjective?

While a good question should be specific and testable, it can still be subjective in terms of the perspective or bias of the person asking the question. This is why it is important for scientists to be aware of their own biases and to approach questions with an open and critical mindset. By considering multiple perspectives and evidence, scientists can ensure that their questions are as objective as possible.