Good online lectures/material for Gen Chem?

• Thread starter Scintillation
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chem
In summary, the conversation discusses a student's struggles with their general chemistry professor and assigned textbook. They have been using an alternate textbook but are still having difficulty understanding certain concepts. They are looking for online resources to review for an upcoming exam.
Scintillation
Hi, my Prof. for general chemistry isn't too great, as he often goes on tangents and doesn't explain the required material.

The textbook assigned (mcquarrie) is also really bad, so I've been instead reading Brown-Lemay Chemistry, which is better. Unfortunately, it doesn't cover the material exactly, so I am stuck trying to learn it myself.

The exam is next Tuesday, and while I am familiar with most of the concepts, the more recent ones (Quantum theory + Gases) are harder to understand.

Are there any online resources that I could review with?

Thanks in advance!

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Hi, thanks for the referral, but unfortunately it seems that many of the links are dead.

Does anyone have more recent links to resources?

Related to Good online lectures/material for Gen Chem?

1. What makes a good online lecture for Gen Chem?

A good online lecture for Gen Chem should be well-structured and organized, with clear learning objectives and an engaging presentation style. It should also include interactive elements such as quizzes or practice problems to enhance understanding and retention of the material.

2. How can I find good online lectures for Gen Chem?

There are several ways to find good online lectures for Gen Chem. You can search for them on educational websites such as Khan Academy or Coursera, or look for them on popular video platforms like YouTube. You can also ask for recommendations from your peers or professors.

3. What are some important factors to consider when evaluating online lectures for Gen Chem?

When evaluating online lectures for Gen Chem, it is important to consider the instructor's qualifications and expertise, the quality of the visuals and audio, the level of interactivity, and the overall effectiveness of the teaching style in conveying the material.

4. Are there any free online lectures available for Gen Chem?

Yes, there are many free online lectures available for Gen Chem. As mentioned earlier, websites like Khan Academy and Coursera offer free courses, and there are also many educational channels on YouTube that provide quality content for free.

5. Can online lectures for Gen Chem replace in-person lectures?

Online lectures for Gen Chem can be a valuable supplement to in-person lectures, but they cannot fully replace the learning experience of a traditional classroom setting. In-person lectures provide opportunities for hands-on activities and face-to-face interaction with the instructor, which may not be fully replicated in an online lecture.