Good Analysis text book with solutions?

In summary, the best textbook on real analysis that has either a solution manual or solutions in the back is Rudin's Principles of Mathematical Analysis.
1800bigk
What is a good textbook on real analysis that has either a solution manual or solutions in the back. I have Rudin's Principles of Matematical Analysis but it has no solutions. The class I am in now is using A book called Elementary analysis the theory of calculus by Ken Ross, but it is a joke compared to Rudin's text and all of the Grad schools I am interested in want you to have covered and be familiar with the material of chapters 1- 9 of Rudin. Sure I can take bridge up courses to get me up to speed with Rudin's material when I get to grad school, but I would rather not do that. Any suggestions?

Physics news on Phys.org
cover up the proofs of the theorems in rudin's book & try to prove them all without peeking. there's your analysis book with solutions. do the same thing with the books by pfaffenberger/johnsonbaugh and apostol also.

Here you go, it's paperback though and pricey, but it has plenty of worked
out proofs.

try polaya

Eratosthenes said:
Here you go, it's paperback though and pricey, but it has plenty of worked
out proofs.

By the way, this book is the "solutions manual" for Lang's "undergraduate analysis", which I have only flipped though quickly but seemed reasonable. Buying both books may do it.

Another option is the free e-book by Robert Ash at U. Illinois: "real variables with basic metric space topology: (http://www.math.uiuc.edu/~r-ash/). It was originally published by IEEE Press, and it includes solutions to *all* exercises. If you want a printed copy Dover is now selling a reprint for roughly $10.

Another "analysis" book that includes solutions to all exercises is "Mathematical Analysis: a straightforward approach" by Binmore, written for a course taught to 1st year students at the London School of Economics. I really like this book, but it is even lower level than Ross (no uniformity of any kind is mentioned) so probably not quite what the OP is looking for. However, for those looking for practice doing basic proofs it is a nice resource.

Jason

Lang's book is great, and will prepare you really well for grad school. But it covers a lot of topics, more than a 1-year course can cover I guess.

lang's book is great and easy to read. and there is agreat sequel analysis Ii. with one uniform notation u can study measures spectral thm, manifolds, calculs in banaqch spaces etc. The treatment of mesure theory is perhaps best and lucid yet comphrensive.It prepares u for research!
dieuodenne's is more scholarly but it suffers from crypticness and moreover does not cover as much ground as lang has.
somehow rudins books pm and real and complex analyis though widely used are not desirable. they are tearse and yet do not offer adavntage of lang. however rudins functional analysis and research monographs are good.
if one wants basics i will recommend goldberg and binmore! But bartles two texts are also good. also one cpovers henstock integral

if u r looking with college level analysis

then thomas and finney is a great book and has all the solutions available also

pretty good way they explain the concepts

Related to Good Analysis text book with solutions?

1. What topics are covered in the "Good Analysis" text book?

The "Good Analysis" text book covers topics such as data collection, data analysis methods, statistical tests, interpreting results, and data visualization techniques.

2. Are the solutions in the text book comprehensive and easy to understand?

Yes, the solutions in the "Good Analysis" text book are comprehensive and explained in a clear and easy-to-understand manner. They also include step-by-step explanations and examples.

3. Is the text book suitable for beginners in data analysis?

Yes, the "Good Analysis" text book is suitable for beginners in data analysis. It provides a solid foundation in key concepts and techniques and gradually progresses to more advanced topics.

4. Are there practical exercises and real-life examples included in the text book?

Yes, the "Good Analysis" text book includes practical exercises and real-life examples to help readers apply the concepts and techniques learned. This enhances understanding and prepares readers for real-world data analysis scenarios.

5. Does the text book cover both qualitative and quantitative analysis?

Yes, the "Good Analysis" text book covers both qualitative and quantitative analysis methods. It also discusses when and how to use each method, as well as how to integrate the two for a more comprehensive analysis.