Gold Prospector looking to change the game

• Thread starter Gold Dredger
  • Start date
In summary, a gold prospector is seeking to revolutionize the industry by implementing new technology and techniques. He plans to use drones and satellite imagery to locate potential gold deposits and then utilize environmentally friendly methods to extract the gold. This could lead to a more efficient and sustainable approach to gold mining, potentially changing the game for the industry as a whole.
Gold Dredger
How did you find PF?
DuckDuckGo
Hello everyone. I have been a gold prospector for many years. I am looking for some insight into the physics and wavelengths used for ground penetrating scanning and discrimination. Specifically to a depth of 10-20 feet.

I would like some out of the box thinking on this we all are likely aware of things like ground penetrating radar and pulse induction metal detectors. What might work (wavelength) with minimal power requirements and be able to be fashioned into a portable device with a visible display?

So how would you look into the ground with enough discrimination to be able to see the presence of gold? The life changing possibilities should be clear. Let's solve this!

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. :smile:

Start a thread in the General Engineering or Classical Physics forum to ask about this. Be sure to post links to the reading you have been doing so far, and ask specific questions about that reading. That's the best way to start a discussion about this. Good luck!

Likes Gold Dredger