Going from Electronics Engineering to Theoretical Physics?

In summary, the conversation discusses the current situation in Venezuela and the speaker's decision to study two different careers in two different universities due to the instability of public universities. The speaker expresses a love for physics, which is only taught in public universities, and is currently close to graduating in electronics but unsure if they will complete their bachelor's in physics due to the situation in Venezuela. The speaker then asks for recommendations for a good master's program in physics that also accepts electronics engineering from affordable countries like Germany, Sweden, or Norway. The other person suggests checking a specific university's website for more information.
gerardofingurbe
Due to the current situation in Venezuela , i decided on studying Two carreers in two different universities a public one and a private one (In Venezuela public universities are best , But they're usually on strike so they delay your studies often and a lot) , What i really love is physics , however physics is only taught in public universities here in Venezuela , I started Both carreers at the same time and currently I'm pretty close to graduating in electronics , and close to half of the carreer in Physics , due to Venezuela's situation I'm not sure i'll complete my bachelor's in physics , So here goes my question, is there any Good Master in Physics that takes electronics engineering in a country like Germany , Sweden , Norway or any where education is afordable?

Physics news on Phys.org
Did you check the university websites? If they don't publish that, you send the universities a mail.

gerardofingurbe said:
Due to the current situation in Venezuela , i decided on studying Two carreers in two different universities a public one and a private one (In Venezuela public universities are best , But they're usually on strike so they delay your studies often and a lot) , What i really love is physics , however physics is only taught in public universities here in Venezuela , I started Both carreers at the same time and currently I'm pretty close to graduating in electronics , and close to half of the carreer in Physics , due to Venezuela's situation I'm not sure i'll complete my bachelor's in physics , So here goes my question, is there any Good Master in Physics that takes electronics engineering in a country like Germany , Sweden , Norway or any where education is afordable?

Check the following site, a friend of mine got her master and PhD and now she is doing her post doc

http://www.physics.auth.gr/en/postgrads/1

Related to Going from Electronics Engineering to Theoretical Physics?

1. What skills from Electronics Engineering are transferable to Theoretical Physics?

Both fields require a strong understanding of mathematics, problem-solving abilities, and the ability to analyze complex systems. Additionally, knowledge of circuitry, programming, and data analysis can be helpful in theoretical physics research.

2. Is it necessary to have a degree in Physics to pursue Theoretical Physics?

While a degree in Physics is helpful, it is not always necessary. Many theoretical physicists come from diverse backgrounds such as mathematics, engineering, and computer science. However, a strong foundation in mathematics and physics is crucial for success in this field.

3. How can one make the transition from Electronics Engineering to Theoretical Physics?

The transition can be made by taking courses in physics, such as classical mechanics, quantum mechanics, and electromagnetism. It is also beneficial to gain research experience in theoretical physics through internships or research projects. Additionally, networking with physicists and attending conferences can help in making the transition.

4. What are some potential career options for someone with a background in Electronics Engineering and Theoretical Physics?

Some potential career options include working in research and development for companies in the technology or defense industries, pursuing a career in academia as a theoretical physicist, or working in government research institutions such as NASA or national laboratories.

5. Are there any challenges in transitioning from Electronics Engineering to Theoretical Physics?

The main challenge is the difference in the approach to problem-solving. While electronics engineering is more focused on practical applications, theoretical physics involves more abstract thinking and mathematical manipulation. Therefore, it may take some time to adjust to the new way of thinking. However, with dedication and hard work, it is possible to overcome this challenge and excel in the field of theoretical physics.