What Do Envelopes with a Big Black Dot Mean?

• Thread starter Gale
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dot Mean
In summary: Originally posted by Gale17 In summary, the dot on an envelope means that the envelope is meant for someone who is going to die. This was used a lot by the Pirates, and the person who received the envelope would be incredibly scared for the short remainder of their live until their assassin comes along to kill them.
Gale
Hey, i was just wondering what envelopes with a big black dot on them means. Also, i was wondering if there was a better way i could ask a question like this, it seems a bit silly to post a whole thread, just for a dumb quetsion...

Physics news on Phys.org
if it has a dot then it means you've posted in that forum. if it's closed, no new posts; if it's open, new posts.

and instead of post new threads for each question, you can PM any of the mentors.

If you got the black spot on/in an envelope that means that your going to die boy! This was used a lot by the Pirates,(i think) they would give an envelope with a large black spot on it, to the person that they where going to kill, and then that person would as you could imagine be incredibly scared for the short remainder of his live until his assasin comes along to kill him.

I just hope your still alive to read this post.

Originally posted by Gale17
Hey, i was just wondering what envelopes with a big black dot on them means. Also, i was wondering if there was a better way i could ask a question like this, it seems a bit silly to post a whole thread, just for a dumb quetsion...
You think that was a dump question? When I first read your post I thought you might be asking about a mail envelope that returned from the post-office with a big black dot on it.

Originally posted by Chen
You think that was a dump question? When I first read your post I thought you might be asking about a mail envelope that returned from the post-office with a big black dot on it.
Yip, same here.

Is it just me, or does the 'appove' smiley look more like someone feeling smug than approving?

Originally posted by BoulderHead
Yip, same here.

Is it just me, or does the 'appove' smiley look more like someone feeling smug than approving?
Yip, same here.

Yea very smug.

Yip, same here.

Yip, same here.

Yip! same here too :smile: Thats the 'approve' smilie, I thought it was the "Well sometimes I'm an idiot too" smilie! (Heehehehehehehe)

Then I guess I've passed the sanity check...

...for the most part. I'd like to see that particular smiley done away with.

Yip, same here.

Ya me too

...for the most part. I'd like to see that particular smiley done away with.

are you kidding? not ! he's one of my favourites. he can be smug or proud and loving.

Here I was thinking that you all meant this smilie --> , which is the one I meant when I said it looked like; ""Well sometimes I'm an idiot too" smilie!"...NOT this one (which I now realize is the Approve smilie) --> , which looks more like "Big Cheesy"-Grinning, to me .

Lets keep them all, to each their own!

Originally posted by Gale17
Hey, don't feel bad Gale I've been around since the start
of PF3 (just since April, before that we had PF2 of which
I was a member for about 8 - 9 months) and I never wondered
about these dots or knew why they're there. Now that's dumb !

Live long and prosper.

1. What is the significance of a big black dot on an envelope?

The big black dot on an envelope is typically used to indicate sensitive or classified information. It may also indicate that the contents of the envelope are urgent or important.

2. Who uses envelopes with a big black dot?

Envelopes with a big black dot can be used by anyone, but they are most commonly used by government agencies, businesses, and organizations that handle confidential information.

3. What should I do if I receive an envelope with a big black dot?

If you receive an envelope with a big black dot, it is important to handle it with care and follow any instructions that may be included. If there are no specific instructions, it is best to open the envelope carefully and handle the contents with discretion.

4. Are envelopes with a big black dot always associated with important or sensitive information?

No, not necessarily. While envelopes with a big black dot often contain important or sensitive information, they may also be used for marketing purposes or to draw attention to a particular message or offer.

5. Is there a specific way to open envelopes with a big black dot?

There is no specific way to open envelopes with a big black dot, but it is important to be cautious and respectful of any sensitive information that may be inside. It is also important to avoid damaging the contents of the envelope when opening it.