Saddam's Thoughts On The Palestinian Issue

• News
  • Thread starter Nommos Prime (Dogon)
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thoughts
In summary, Saddam Hussein's speech from 1967 highlights the ongoing issue between Arabs and Israel. He argues that the root of the problem lies in the displacement of people from their land and the neglect of justice and fairness in finding a solution. Despite his reputation as a killer, he is recognized as an intelligent politician. Some argue that his religious beliefs and actions were just a show. However, his statements invoking the name of Allah raise questions about the impact of his regime's defeat on Muslim faith. The conversation also includes discussions about the rejection of Saddam in the Arab world and the moral high ground in religious conflicts.
Nommos Prime (Dogon)
Saddam's Thoughts On The "Palestinian Issue"

Just to highlight how "out of touch" the West is, I'm reproducing a certain speech from one Saddam Hussein.
I know I've posted it before on this Forum, but it's VERY RELEVANT now!

From;
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10217&highlight=Saddam

“The Palestinian Issue
Q. What are your concepts as regards the question of peace between the Arabs and Israel?
Saddam: “The war of June 5, 1967, had been an effect not a cause. The problem therefore, started before that date. What then is the problem? Here, we would ask the whole world to answer this question, clearly. We demand that the answer be related to right human principles in general and the right of nations to self-determination. The root of the problem, we believe, lies in the fact that there were people living securely on their land, a people coexisting with their different religions. These people were driven out of their homeland and were replaced by others emigrating from Japan, the U.S.A., the Soviet Union and every other place. They come and gather in this land at the expense of a people who were rendered homeless and living in the open air. This is the root of the problem. This is the essence of the basic political differences between what is being posed by Iraq and by many others. Arabs or non-Arabs. Hence, the 5th of June and 6th of October, are effects not causes. Why? Let us find out. Solutions could be reached if the causes are pointed out courageously and impartially. We therefore believe that all subsequent plans are not dealing with the causes. Rather, effects associated with causes are dealt with, while the causes themselves are being neglected. In consequence, all these solutions will certainly be temporary, and will continue to be inconsistent with justice and fairness.”

No wonder he'll never see trial, imagine the Admin having to deal with an intellect like Saddam's!

Geez, they would be overwhelmed..

Physics news on Phys.org
Very overwhelmed. Just by that little quibble of speech I can tell he could probably defeat any argument the U.S. puts against him for WMD's or the cause to go to war.

Originally posted by motai
Very overwhelmed. Just by that little quibble of speech I can tell he could probably defeat any argument the U.S. puts against him for WMD's or the cause to go to war.

He had very good teachers.

OH my goodness! My head is going to explode from Saddam's VAST intellect! What ever shall I do..

I'll be uping this thread a year or two from now when Saddam does go to trial. Just to remind you how wrong you are. [zz)]

Who told you he was never going to trial?

Despite the rantings of a few less-than-intelligent people(Bush), Saddam Hussein is neither an idiot nor is he a madman. Just because we don't agree with him in general, it doesn't mean he is automatically wrong, or that he can't be insightful or knowledgeable in certain areas. Arabs have been saying for decades that their hatred stems from specific Western policies...too bad that so many people refuse to pay any attention, and just say "they're all crazy, let's kill them all!"

Originally posted by Zero
Saddam Hussein is neither an idiot nor is he a madman.

I agree. He is an extremely sophisticated politician and killer.

"they're all crazy, let's kill them all!" - Zero

Of course, it works the other way too. Those who believe the Koran is the Word of a deity take the commandment to kill nonbelievers-in-Islam quite seriously.

Originally posted by Janitor
Of course, it works the other way too. Those who believe the Koran is the Word of a deity take the commandment to kill nonbelievers-in-Islam quite seriously.
So? If you are trying to claim the moral high ground, you use different tactics, not the same tactics in the name of a different deity.

Originally posted by Janitor

Is this in reference to Saddam? If so, HA! Saddam as a muslim is one more great show of his. Calling for a holy war, building the 'mother of all mosques', etc. - All of the people on the muslim board I frequent say he is well rejected in the arab world as a fake.

Originally posted by phatmonky
Is this in reference to Saddam? If so, HA! Saddam as a muslim is one more great show of his. Calling for a holy war, building the 'mother of all mosques', etc. - All of the people on the muslim board I frequent say he is well rejected in the arab world as a fake.
Did anybody EVER think he was some sort of religious extremist? I don't think so...everybody knows he was a pretty secular kind of guy.

It may very well be that Saddam Hussein is a Muslim like Madonna is a Roman Catholic.

For what it's worth, I watched a tape on C-Span a few weeks before the war, showing Hussein and his generals talking around a big table. Hussein was inquiring about how prepared they were. Literally about every second or third sentence they spoke (going by the English text scrolling across the TV screen) invoked the name of Allah or of The Prophet. I have wondered ever since then if Muslims see Iraq's defeat as evidence that their faith in Allah's existence was misplaced after all. Of course, they may just say something like: It shows that Allah does exist and that He didn't want the Hussein regime to stay in power.

Okay, so far in this thread, we've had the typical moronic responses to the subject.
  • "Saddam is mad, therefore we can ignore any points he actually made."
  • "Saddam is mad, therefore we can ignore the subject and international law and everything else."
  • "Saddam killed people, therefore he is bad and we can ignore the subject and international law and everything else."
  • "One poster said something ridiculously stupid, so we can all be ridiculously stupid."
These are, of course, standard ways to avoid the issues at hand. Grow up. Think a bit. Try to respond like adults.

EDIT: added a response to the list.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Adam
Okay, so far in this thread, we've had the typical moronic responses to the subject.
  • "Saddam is mad, therefore we can ignore any points he actually made."
  • "Saddam is mad, therefore we can ignore the subject and international law and everything else."
  • "Saddam killed people, therefore he is bad and we can ignore the subject and international law and everything else."
These are, of course, standard ways to avoid the issues at hand. Grow up. Think a bit. Try to respond like adults.

The poster added that Saddam's great intellect would keep him from being sent to trial, for those that charged him would be too afraid to have their own mortal wit challenged. With that as a precident from post one, I find nothing in this thread to be anywhere beyond the border that was set.

Perhaps you didn't notice that he was using.. "humour"?

Originally posted by Nommos Prime (Dogon)
Just to highlight how "out of touch" the West is, I'm reproducing a certain speech from one Saddam Hussein.

How does this show how "out of touch" the West is? Step off your high chair, you act more like an American than you would like to admit. In fact, it is not America you hate, it is human nature. America draws hate merely by being in the spotlight. In every thread of yours I've read you are constantly raising America in a negative light, what gives you the right? You are constantly claiming that we are the ones who are blind to the truth, but you never hesitate to question your own perceptions. Pathetic. I enjoy reading diverse information, and hence, have enjoyed most of your threads and posts and encourage you to continue bringing your point of view to the table. Just like phatmonky, you are bringing opinions that while the majority may not agree with, also still have strong points. Please stop clouding a real debate with your personal grudges.

Originally posted by FZ+
Perhaps you didn't notice that he was using.. "humour"?

Do you mean humour in the antiquated biological sense, because I don't see any attempt to be funny. What I do see is foolish idolization of a mass murderer because he is capable of making a rather ordinary argument on the Palestinian issue. While I enjoy a good dig at Bush's intellect (or lack thereof) as much as anyone, he will not be proscecuting Saddam. A trained and intelligent professional will do that.

Njorl

"and intelligent" indeed! you need a lot of intelligence to convict a man who shares bed with an executioner.

west has it's own mass murderes, who will never see trial, though.

murderes through exploitation of the third world countries. saddam's crimes are like null compared to us.

as for raising america in a neg light. well there's a bunch of americans here, who have absolutely no measure of self-critic, and there's a bunch of others from around the world here, who get pissed off by that and/or are no better in self-critic. or vice versa.

Do you mean humour in the antiquated biological sense, because I don't see any attempt to be funny.

The poster added that Saddam's great intellect would keep him from being sent to trial, for those that charged him would be too afraid to have their own mortal wit challenged.
Sorry then. I thought this was just irony.

I think I lost faith in the intellect of more or less all world leaders some time ago.

What did Saddam Hussein believe about the Palestinian issue?

Saddam Hussein believed that the Palestinian issue was a central and crucial issue in the Middle East, and that it was the responsibility of all Arab nations to support the Palestinian cause.

Did Saddam Hussein support the establishment of a Palestinian state?

Yes, Saddam Hussein was a strong advocate for the establishment of a Palestinian state and believed that it was necessary for the protection of Palestinian rights and the stability of the region.

How did Saddam Hussein view the role of the United States in the Palestinian issue?

Saddam Hussein believed that the United States was biased towards Israel and did not genuinely support the Palestinian cause. He saw the US as a hindrance to achieving a fair and just resolution to the Palestinian issue.

What actions did Saddam Hussein take to support the Palestinian cause?

Saddam Hussein provided financial and military support to Palestinian groups, particularly during the Gulf War in 1991. He also used his platform to raise awareness about the Palestinian issue and advocate for their rights on the international stage.

Did Saddam Hussein's stance on the Palestinian issue change over time?

Saddam Hussein's stance on the Palestinian issue remained consistent throughout his rule. However, as his power and influence diminished in later years, he was not able to actively support the Palestinian cause as he had in the past.