Geometrical Proofs Homework: Get Expert Help Now

In summary, the student is seeking guidance from mentors in solving specific questions on attachments related to geometry. They mention their understanding of proving parallel lines and share their attempts at solving one of the questions. They also express their openness to receiving help from anyone and share another attachment for a different question.
LiHJ

Homework Statement

Dear Mentors,

Please guide me in solving the circled questions on the 2 attachments.

Homework Equations

Thank you

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• geometry 1.jpg
    geometry 1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 363
  • geometry2.jpg
    geometry2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 353
Physics news on Phys.org
Why only Mentors?

There are other too to help you out. :)

But first you need to show your attempts. That will help us to know where you are stuck and we would help you to proceed. :)

For Geometry Ques 16b)

From my understanding, in order for me to prove 2 lines parallel, I need to have corresponding angles, alternating angles or supplementary angles. The following attachment is my working. The angle with the same colour marking is equal.

But I am stuck with to prove the angle on the line EF to be related with my other marked angles.

There is another attachment of my working for the other question.

Thank you.

I see everybody as my Mentor as they guide me in different ways.

Attachments

• geometry 1 working.jpg
    geometry 1 working.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 367
  • geometry 2 working.jpg
    geometry 2 working.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 368

Related to Geometrical Proofs Homework: Get Expert Help Now

What is a geometrical proof?

A geometrical proof is a logical argument that uses deductive reasoning to show that a statement or theorem is true. It involves using known definitions, axioms, and previously proven theorems to support the conclusion.

Why are geometrical proofs important?

Geometrical proofs are important because they help us understand the fundamental principles of geometry and how they relate to one another. They also help us develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.

How do you approach a geometrical proof?

To approach a geometrical proof, you should carefully read the given statements and determine what is already known and what needs to be proven. Then, use your knowledge of definitions, axioms, and theorems to logically connect the statements and arrive at the desired conclusion.

What are some common challenges in geometrical proofs?

Some common challenges in geometrical proofs include using incorrect reasoning, making incorrect assumptions, and not properly justifying each step. It is important to carefully check each step and make sure it follows logically from the previous one.

Where can I find help with my geometrical proofs homework?

You can find help with your geometrical proofs homework from a variety of sources, including your teacher, classmates, online tutorials, and academic tutoring services. It is important to seek help when needed to ensure a thorough understanding of the concepts and techniques involved in geometrical proofs.