Unveiling the Mystery of Brown's Gas

In summary, Brown's Gas is a controversial topic with claims that it is a stable gas produced by an electrolyzer. It has unique properties, such as a cold flame, and is said to be able to cut through materials without igniting them. Some believe it is a bomb, while others argue that it is a combination of monatomic hydrogen and oxygen. The idea that it is water in a high energy gaseous form is also debated. Despite these claims, many dismiss Brown's Gas as a crackpot theory and warn of the dangers of attempting to create it. The topic is currently being investigated by the scientific community.
wimms
Brown's Gas

Is it real or is it some joke? Its properties are somewhat amazing..

Its produced by electrolyzer. It produces 1866 volumes of gas from 1 volume of water, its stable, it burns, with COLD flame, but can punch holes into and sublimate tungsten (13000F), applies electric charge to what it touches, can cut wood with laserlike sharp edges without igniting it. Its flame interacts with about anything, without much heat. Instead of exploding, it implodes (1866->1), producing its only waste - water.

Thats abit too much, sounds more like startrek gizmo, but web is claiming science is investigating actual reproducible phenomena.

What is your comments of scientific view?

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by wimms
Brown's Gas

Is it real or is it some joke? Its properties are somewhat amazing..

Its produced by electrolyzer. It produces 1866 volumes of gas from 1 volume of water, its stable, it burns, with COLD flame, but can punch holes into and sublimate tungsten (13000F), applies electric charge to what it touches, can cut wood with laserlike sharp edges without igniting it. Its flame interacts with about anything, without much heat. Instead of exploding, it implodes (1866->1), producing its only waste - water.

Thats abit too much, sounds more like startrek gizmo, but web is claiming science is investigating actual reproducible phenomena.

What is your comments of scientific view?

I first heard about Brown's Gas from an acquaintance who feels that scientists are idiots and that REAL science is done in garages and basements. He then told me that this miraculous new gas can be stored as a stoichiometric mixture of H and O. I suggested that he would be doing humanity a favor and to continue his investigations and to make some himself as planned. All in all, I will always remember him as a nice boy but not real smart.

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
..can be stored as a stoichiometric mixture of H and O.
AKA WATER? Yes, wimms, its a joke.

Originally posted by russ_watters
AKA WATER? Yes, wimms, its a joke.

Oh no russ, I mean as two gases; a bomb!

hmm, for me it seems abit more muddy than that. Sure its surrounded by tons of crap, but..

What I've come across (which isn't to imply I'm home at with), one idea is that 2H2:O2 is the 'bomb' but BG is 'mon-atomic hydrogen (H) and mon-atomic oxygen (O) flame' 2H:O. This is ridiculed as monatomics tend to merge to diatomics, but they seek escape in fact that gas is electrically charged and (somehow) doesn't form diatomic. Then there's cracks who claim overunity, etc. But then some claim that monatomic or BG is only 20-30% of gas, the rest is 'bomb', but still when treated right, such unpure BG exhibits weird behaviour.

Then there's idea that 'BG is water that has absorbed electricity like a sponge absorbs water. That the atomic bonds are NOT broken, so Brown's Gas is STILL WATER; just in a high energy gaseous form that is NOT steam.' That came because "Brown's Gas is too heavy to be mon-atomic, it is even too heavy to be di-atomic; but it is exactly the right weight to be water-gas (di-hydrogen oxide in gaseous form).

Thus, when the electricity (in the Brown's Gas) is released by the 'flame,' it comes out as electricity and the water 'implodes' to it's original liquid form, with no heat and no expansion first. This is another possible explanation why the flame can be 'cool' and 'implosive' yet has such high energy effects. Brown's Gas seems to be an 'electrical' flame, not a 'heat' flame."

bummer.

Originally posted by wimms
hmm, for me it seems abit more muddy than that. Sure its surrounded by tons of crap, but..

What I've come across (which isn't to imply I'm home at with), one idea is that 2H2:O2 is the 'bomb' but BG is 'mon-atomic hydrogen (H) and mon-atomic oxygen (O) flame' 2H:O. This is ridiculed as monatomics tend to merge to diatomics, but they seek escape in fact that gas is electrically charged and (somehow) doesn't form diatomic. Then there's cracks who claim overunity, etc. But then some claim that monatomic or BG is only 20-30% of gas, the rest is 'bomb', but still when treated right, such unpure BG exhibits weird behaviour.

Then there's idea that 'BG is water that has absorbed electricity like a sponge absorbs water. That the atomic bonds are NOT broken, so Brown's Gas is STILL WATER; just in a high energy gaseous form that is NOT steam.' That came because "Brown's Gas is too heavy to be mon-atomic, it is even too heavy to be di-atomic; but it is exactly the right weight to be water-gas (di-hydrogen oxide in gaseous form).

Thus, when the electricity (in the Brown's Gas) is released by the 'flame,' it comes out as electricity and the water 'implodes' to it's original liquid form, with no heat and no expansion first. This is another possible explanation why the flame can be 'cool' and 'implosive' yet has such high energy effects. Brown's Gas seems to be an 'electrical' flame, not a 'heat' flame."

bummer.

Yes, I was aware of some of these arguments. The guy that told me about this was such a crackpot that I gave little thought to the matter. Also, considering the ramifications of things gone wrong, I wanted nothing to do with this venture. I used to make water frequently when I was much younger [making water has a slightly different meaning to physicists than to normal people ]... before the mixing H's with O's became a federal offense. This is really dangerous stuff for a bunch of amateurs to be playing with. For this reason I never gave these claims a real chance.

I thought "electrical" flames are "heat" flames - the reason for the light is the extreme temperature of the plasma. Sounds very crackpotty...

Originally posted by FZ+
I thought "electrical" flames are "heat" flames - the reason for the light is the extreme temperature of the plasma. Sounds very crackpotty...

Yes, it smelled crackpotty from the start.

Originally posted by FZ+
Yes, it smells crackpotty all the way. I'm just trying to figure if there possibly is still any kind of point in it. People behind it seem to understand well hydrogen oxydation and dangers of it.

What is meant above is probably that flame itself is low-temp due to lower energy needed to sustain 2H:O, and slower, but when touching with some material, that electrical energy stored is released through material molecules, converting that electrical energy to heat and interacting with material. Like some nanoscale electric welding. Thus they seem to claim that BG welding is not just temperature/heat, independant from material, but that speed of burn and thus energy released depends notably on material involed. Very little heat is wasted to environment and most energy is transferred directly to material. (thats my interpretation)

This seems somewhat interesting, and I'm unable to sort it out if this makes sense, or is purposeful crap.

Maybe some points are better put through here: http://www.watertorch.com/whatis/whatis2.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, altogether very "crackpotty". sounds more like this belongs in mystism to me! :wink:

What is Brown's Gas?

Brown's Gas, also known as HHO or oxyhydrogen, is a type of gas composed of two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen. It is produced through the process of electrolysis, where water is split into its component gases using an electric current.

How is Brown's Gas different from regular water?

Brown's Gas is different from regular water because it has been broken down into its component gases, hydrogen and oxygen. This gas mixture has different properties and can be used for various applications, such as welding, cutting, and powering engines.

What are the potential uses of Brown's Gas?

Brown's Gas has a wide range of potential uses, including welding and cutting, powering engines, and even as a fuel for heating and cooking. It can also be used for water purification and as a renewable energy source.

Is Brown's Gas safe to use?

Yes, Brown's Gas is generally considered safe to use. However, it is important to follow proper safety precautions when handling the gas, as it is highly flammable. It is also important to ensure that the gas is produced in a well-ventilated area to avoid any potential risks.

What research has been done on Brown's Gas?

There have been numerous studies and experiments conducted on Brown's Gas, particularly in the fields of alternative energy and industrial applications. While some of these studies have shown promising results, more research is still needed to fully understand the potential uses and limitations of this gas.