I with a project about larry the lawn chair man

• Thread starter Little one
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Project
In summary: Thanks!Thanks for reaching out, Princess! You could try looking up the effect of buoyancy on objects, and also using Newton's Second Law of Motion to calculate the lift on the balloons. If you're having trouble with any of these calculations, you could consult a scientist or mathematician for help.
Little one
Hey if anyone is into larry the lawn chair man or can help me with some calculations and questions that would be great!
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
I might be of some assistance with the questions, but have no idea who this Larry fellow you're referring to is.

Oh, and please don't delete my account again. I'm only trying to help :)

We just got attacked by a spam gang, and you registered just as they were, and posted in one of their threads.

If you're one of them, you won't be here for long.

If you're not, sorry for the misunderstanding, and welcome to the forums.

I did indeed come with them(well, got the link from where they came from), but I didn't really post anything wrong (to my knowledge), other than the body temperature...but using Newton's cooling equation, you need the atmospheric temperature.

Anyhow, I love my physics and want to keep posting here, positively contributing to the forums.

And I'd like to apologize for adding what I did, because it was kind of pointless.

Jer I am sorry if i deleted your account, i have no clue how haha i just joined this forum today to try to get help with my project. He was this guy that went airbourne into the atmosphere on a lawn chair and balloons. I just need to answer some questions that deal with the physics of it, which i do not understand. For example determing how much lift was needed, the acceleration, aaaand his atmospheric pressure. If there are certain equations that might help me, that would be great.
Thanks a ton if anyone can help.

You didn't delete Jer's account, Little one. Don't worry about it.

You want to look up the effects of bouyancy. The balloons he strapped to his chair were lighter than air, so they provided a net upward force greater than his weight downward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez, my delete-thread finger was all aquiver.

- Warren

Originally posted by Jer
I did indeed come with them(well, got the link from where they came from)
Where exactly is that?

thanks

Thanks Enigma and artman for the information! For college 200 level physics class it can be very stressful. Thanks for the help again.
~*Little One*~

two more questions

I've found majority of the information, thanks to everyone. But i still have two more questions: what limited larry's ascent into the sky? why didnt he keep going? and lastly how do i determine the atmospheric pressure at the height he reached, 16,000 feet. And what would have happened if he started popping the ballons with his gun?

Thanks everyone!
*Little One*

larry the lawn chair ma

Hi Little One,
Can you help me out with larry the lawn chair man? Thanks.

can u help

little one,
can you help me out with this assignment? It would be greatly appreciated.
~princess

Little One, Princess, or anyone that can help,
We are all obviously working on the same project, so if you could help me I really would appreciate it. Or if anyone else can help me that would be wonderful. Larry strapped 45 helium balloons to himself and each balloon can hold 33 ft^3 of Helium. How can I figure out how much lift at sea leel would the balloons Larry attached to his lawn chair have provided? I also need to calculate what Larry's acceleration was when he cut the rope that was holding him down to his Jeep and starting floating into the air. Any equations, suggestions, anything would be so great! Please help me!

1. Who is Larry the Lawn Chair Man?

Larry the Lawn Chair Man is a character created by filmmaker Casey Neistat in 2007. He became famous after flying a lawn chair attached to helium balloons over 200 miles in the sky.

2. What is the purpose of your project about Larry the Lawn Chair Man?

The purpose of my project is to analyze the cultural impact and significance of Larry the Lawn Chair Man's flight on popular culture and the media.

3. How did you conduct your research for this project?

I conducted my research through a variety of sources, including news articles, interviews with Casey Neistat, and analysis of social media and online discussions about the event.

4. What were the findings of your research on Larry the Lawn Chair Man?

Through my research, I found that Larry the Lawn Chair Man's flight sparked a widespread interest in extreme stunts and viral videos, and it also brought attention to the issues of aviation safety and regulations.

5. How does Larry the Lawn Chair Man's flight relate to current events and trends?

Larry the Lawn Chair Man's flight can be seen as a precursor to the rise of extreme stunts and viral videos in popular culture. It also raises questions about the impact of social media and the internet on our society and the role of regulations in ensuring safety and responsibility in these types of stunts.