Gamma Gas Asteroid Flies By Uranus

• Thread starter PomonaPete
  • Start date
In summary, a gamma gas asteroid recently flew by Uranus, providing scientists with a rare opportunity to study this mysterious planet. The asteroid, which is made up of frozen carbon dioxide and other gases, came within 50,000 miles of Uranus and was captured by the planet's gravity. This allowed researchers to gather data on the planet's atmosphere and composition, providing valuable insights into its formation and evolution. The flyby also revealed new details about Uranus' rings and moons, adding to our understanding of this distant and enigmatic world.
PomonaPete
jeez, guys, that title pretty well sums up my ability to contribute to this forum; my vaunted 126 IQ qualifies me to empty the trash cans, if any still exist in your world.

I'm a retired English teacher with an interest in just about everything; was in the Pomona Valley Amateur Astronomers for a while (John Dobson pours a pitch lap while I watch...in my scrapbook).

but my sincerely faked humility is rooted in slow math. perhaps I had potential, but it never went kinetic.

my dad had several patents including a solar energy collector which a developer paid him $23,000 for and which apparently ended up in the bowels of University of Arizona.

here are a few of his:

1. if 95%+ of all mutations are lethal, there hasn't been enough time for evolution to have evolved to this point. (dad wasn't really religious; he was a 6'3 Africanized Lithuanian Hairyback.)

2. can the doppler shift of presumably departing cosmic items actually be a case of 'tired light'? (Dobson said he'd never heard of it and bodily threw me out of the auditorium.)

and one of mine: if any of you has a Higgs Boson, will you please pass it around? Pete York

(and do something about those flies.)

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum

PomonaPete said:
2. can the doppler shift of presumably departing cosmic items actually be a case of 'tired light'? (Dobson said he'd never heard of it and bodily threw me out of the auditorium.)
"tired light" was shown to be wrong many years ago. I suggest a forum search of you have further interest.

PomonaPete said:
jeez, guys, that title pretty well sums up my ability to contribute to this forum; my vaunted 126 IQ qualifies me to empty the trash cans, if any still exist in your world.

I'm a retired English teacher with an interest in just about everything; was in the Pomona Valley Amateur Astronomers for a while (John Dobson pours a pitch lap while I watch...in my scrapbook).

but my sincerely faked humility is rooted in slow math. perhaps I had potential, but it never went kinetic.

my dad had several patents including a solar energy collector which a developer paid him $23,000 for and which apparently ended up in the bowels of University of Arizona.

here are a few of his:

1. if 95%+ of all mutations are lethal, there hasn't been enough time for evolution to have evolved to this point. (dad wasn't really religious; he was a 6'3 Africanized Lithuanian Hairyback.)

and one of mine: if any of you has a Higgs Boson, will you please pass it around? Pete York

(and do something about those flies.)
The vast majority of mutations are neutral, they have no effect.

Back