Did You See the Most Hilarious Sci-Fi Special Ever?

• Thread starter wasteofo2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Television
In summary, "2Shocking4TV" was a special program on the Sci-Fi channel that aired on December 19 at 10:30PM ET/PT. It was hosted by John O'Hurley and featured footage of supposed alien visitations, advanced technologies, and dangerous household objects. The show was meant to be a joke and not taken seriously.
wasteofo2
Did anyone catch this? It was on teh sci-fi channel at 10:30p.m. on friday the 19th and then at 1:30a.m. the next day.

http://www.scifi.com/onair/specials/#2shocking

It was so awesomely funny I can't imagine why they didn't play this during primetime, save the reason it completely destroys any credibility the sci-fi channel has as a legitimit source for information of the paranormal.

It's host was a character who played elane's boss on seinfeld for a bit, he had a kind of combed back white hair style.

They start out by showing footage of neil armstrongs moon landing, then a bunch of prop lights falling on him and him getting annoyed saying that this had happened too many times, "proving" the moon landing was a hoax.

Then they showed someone blowing up a raft, a kid jumping on it and the guys head exploding.

They showed a kid get a lightsaber for christmas and chop his grandma in half

The showed a person video of a young couple on a boat. The girl was sitting on the side of the boat and was grasped by tentacles from the water and dragged off the boat.

They showed a news report interrupted by a chupacabra killing a goat.

They showed a bigfoot robbing a convenience store.

They showed a few police cars involved in a low speed chase with a flying saucer, then some redneck came out of it and started running.

They showed someone trying to smuggle a foot and a half long, half foot wide pillar of something across the mexican border up his ass, and a cop pulling it out.

Altogether, it was the most entertaining thing I've seen in a while. Check your local listings to see if this will be on any time soon.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
what channel was it on?

nevermind I got it.

Well they weren't serious were they?! They'd better not have been or watching those Kecksburg and Roswell things was a waste of time...

Originally posted by Jonathan
Well they weren't serious were they?! They'd better not have been or watching those Kecksburg and Roswell things was a waste of time...

I'm pretty sure they would have realized everyone watching it would think it was a joke from the second they saw the host was a seinfeld character, and the fact that I've seen playstation games with more convincing computer graphics than the chupacabra that attacked the goat didn't help it's credibility either.

Though ti was on at 2 in the morning, and I guess they just needed some premade programming for that time or something...

"It's the footage "they" don't want you to see. "They" said if we showed it to you, they'd have to kill you — but that's a chance we're willing to take! John O'Hurley (J. Peterman on Seinfeld) is your very serious host as we present startling proof of alien visitations, amateur footage of cutting-edge technologies that the government claims don't exist, innocuous household objects that are actually deathtraps in disguise, and more. It's all too amazing for words, too remarkable to ignore, 2Shocking4TV.

Premieres Friday, December 19, at 10:30PM ET/PT "

-http://www.scifi.com/onair/specials/#2shocking

That's the sci-fi channels description of it. I'd imagine any kind of tv special where the channel showing it says you'll be killed by "them" for watching it has to be taken as a joke.

Last edited:
No, the channel isn't a joke, the show is. I hope it comes back and I wish they'd put more X-Files on too.

1. What does "2 shocking 4 television" mean?

"2 shocking 4 television" is a phrase that is often used to describe something that is too extreme or intense to be shown on television. It implies that the content is so shocking or controversial that it would be deemed inappropriate for broadcast on traditional television channels.

2. Is "2 shocking 4 television" a real show or channel?

No, "2 shocking 4 television" is not a real show or channel. It is simply a phrase used to express the extreme nature of certain content that is not suitable for television.

3. Why do some things get labeled as "2 shocking 4 television"?

Certain content may be labeled as "2 shocking 4 television" if it contains graphic violence, explicit language, or controversial themes that may be deemed too intense or disturbing for television audiences. This label is often used as a warning to viewers about the content they are about to watch.

4. Are there any regulations or guidelines for what can be shown on television?

Yes, there are regulations and guidelines set by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the United States. These regulations aim to protect viewers from indecent or obscene content and ensure that television programming is appropriate for different audiences, such as children.

5. Are there any alternatives to television for viewing "2 shocking 4 television" content?

Yes, with the rise of streaming services, there are now alternative platforms for viewing "2 shocking 4 television" content. These platforms are not subject to the same regulations as traditional television and may offer more explicit or controversial content. However, parents and viewers should still exercise caution and discretion when choosing what to watch.

Back