Further Pure 1 Revision Guide for MEI?

In summary, the conversation revolved around finding a suitable revision guide for Further Pure 1 for ME, with good explanations and practice questions. A suggestion was made to use the OCR textbook Pure 4,5,6 which is compatible with MEI specs and has comprehensive content and good questions. Past year papers and personal notes were also recommended. One person shared their experience of using the textbook and getting a high score on the exam. Another suggested attending revision days at universities as a helpful resource.
Cygni
Hello PF readers,

I am currently doing Further Mathematics, and I was looking for a suitable revision guide for Further Pure 1 for ME, but I was unable to find one. Are there any attention worth revision guides that offer good explanation about the topic with given examples and questions to practice? I would appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
I would assume that the OCR textbook Pure 4,5,6 would be compatible with MEI specs. I found them to be very comprehensive and the questions to be very good. Also, the past year papers for both MEI and OCR should be helpful. And your own notes, I guess... I remember distilling important formulae and techniques into a few pages and that got me through Further Maths just fine.

I just used the textbook, which I assume you already have? I got 93% on that exam :) which was pretty good given it was the hardest exam I had in Year 12.. By the way, you might want to check for revision days at universities near you, I went to one at QMU, London which was pretty helpful.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your responses. :P

Related to Further Pure 1 Revision Guide for MEI?

1. What is the "Further Pure 1 Revision Guide for MEI"?

The "Further Pure 1 Revision Guide for MEI" is a comprehensive study guide for the MEI Further Pure 1 course, aimed at students studying A-level Mathematics. It covers all the main topics and concepts in the course, providing clear explanations, worked examples, and practice questions to help students prepare for their exams.

2. Who is the target audience for this revision guide?

The target audience for this revision guide is students studying A-level Mathematics, specifically the MEI Further Pure 1 course. It can be used by students at any stage of their studies, from those just starting the course to those preparing for their final exams.

3. What topics are covered in the "Further Pure 1 Revision Guide for MEI"?

The "Further Pure 1 Revision Guide for MEI" covers a wide range of topics, including algebra, calculus, matrices, complex numbers, and polar coordinates. It also includes a section on problem-solving techniques, as well as practice questions and exam-style questions to help students apply their knowledge.

4. How can this revision guide help me prepare for my exams?

This revision guide can help students prepare for their exams by providing a thorough review of all the main topics and concepts in the MEI Further Pure 1 course. It also includes practice questions and exam-style questions, allowing students to test their understanding and identify any areas they need to focus on.

5. Is the "Further Pure 1 Revision Guide for MEI" suitable for self-study?

Yes, the "Further Pure 1 Revision Guide for MEI" is suitable for self-study. It is designed to be easy to follow and includes clear explanations and worked examples to help students understand the material. It also includes practice questions and exam-style questions for students to test their knowledge and track their progress.