Funded physics masters programs

In summary, the speaker is looking for funded masters programs in physics with a tuition waiver and stipend, preferably in a country where it is common for the department to fund incoming students. They mention Miami University, San Diego State University, and North Dakota State University as potential options. Another person mentions that it is typical for master's students to be funded in Canadian universities and suggests looking into the University of Yellowknife, but the speaker prefers not to go that far north. They also mention that Calgary has had unusually warm weather recently.
ian_dsouza
I was wondering if you guys know of any funded masters programs in physics - tuition waiver + stipend; or only stipend enough to cover tuition and modest living expenses. I am not too particular about the country but I am looking for programs where the norm is that the department funds all their incoming students. Any input is much appreciated!

I found the following ones:
Miami University, OH
San Diego State University
North Dakota State University

Physics news on Phys.org
In Canadian universities, it's typical that master's students are funded, if you're interested in the Great White North.

Is there a University of Yellowknife?

Choppy said:
In Canadian universities, it's typical that master's students are funded, if you're interested in the Great White North.
Hey thanks. I did apply to a few masters programs in Canada.

Vanadium 50 said:
Is there a University of Yellowknife?

No need to go that far for the "Great White North." I once spent a day sightseeing in Calgary during a blizzard... in mid May!

jtbell said:
No need to go that far for the "Great White North." I once spent a day sightseeing in Calgary during a blizzard... in mid May!
Sounds about right. Oddly enough, Calgary's had more rain than snow this Winter. Temperatures have been above freezing since mid January o_O.

Related to Funded physics masters programs

1. What is a funded physics masters program?

A funded physics masters program is a graduate-level program in the field of physics that offers financial support to students in the form of scholarships, grants, or assistantships to cover tuition and living expenses.

2. How do I apply for a funded physics masters program?

To apply for a funded physics masters program, you will typically need to submit an application to the program of your choice, along with transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a statement of purpose. Some programs may also require you to take the GRE exam.

3. What are the benefits of a funded physics masters program?

A funded physics masters program allows you to pursue a higher degree in physics without having to worry about the financial burden. It also offers opportunities for research and networking, which can enhance your career prospects in the field.

4. What are the eligibility requirements for a funded physics masters program?

The eligibility requirements for a funded physics masters program may vary depending on the specific program and institution. However, most programs require applicants to have a bachelor's degree in physics or a related field, strong academic performance, and relevant research experience.

5. Are there any obligations attached to receiving funding for a physics masters program?

Yes, there may be obligations attached to receiving funding for a physics masters program, such as maintaining a certain GPA, participating in research projects, or working as a teaching or research assistant. It is important to carefully review the terms and conditions of the funding before accepting it.