Difference between Democrat and Republican?

• News
  • Thread starter Zeropaxx
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Difference
In summary, the conversation discusses the differences between Democrats and Republicans, with the main points being that Democrats tend to be more socially liberal and favor social policy at the federal level, while Republicans tend to be more conservative and favor less regulation of the economy. The conversation also touches on the role of money and power in politics, with the conclusion that both parties benefit financially from their positions.
That is the most cynical and correct I've ever heard anyone be at the same time.

Physics news on Phys.org
Clinton vetoed the 1994 bill from Newt's Congress designed to lift the legal requirements for corporations to make honest statements to their shareholders. He said he vetoed it because 'Our citizens should have legal recourse in our courts.' The veto was overrided by a 2/3 majority, and the result is the recent corporate debacles such as Enron.
Requiring companies to be honest with stockholders is not excessive regulation in any context that I can think of. It's almost like, the Democrats want to protect the public.

another two cents

Ok, Yes I agree that things might get worse, but if we continue to be the america that we are we open our selves up to countless things, such as being taken over, being destroyed, etc. We make our people healther then we are as a nation strong, and tough. We Give free knowledge to the masses and we make our natian better equipt to deal with the problems we now face such as Aids, world hunger, over population, and poverty. Bottom line Things much Change.

Ok how about we do away with money as well. I once heard that money is the root of all evil and I believe it. Destroy money. Develop and design a new form of civilization, a new form of government.

Originally posted by schwarzchildradius
Clinton vetoed the 1994 bill from Newt's Congress designed to lift the legal requirements for corporations to make honest statements to their shareholders. He said he vetoed it because 'Our citizens should have legal recourse in our courts.' The veto was overrided by a 2/3 majority, and the result is the recent corporate debacles such as Enron.
Requiring companies to be honest with stockholders is not excessive regulation in any context that I can think of. It's almost like, the Democrats want to protect the public.

This resembles the way Republicans have lifted the restrictions of hazardous waste dumping...why is it illegal for me to dump my trash in your yard, but no big deal if a corporation dumps arsenic in your drinking water?

zero I agree with that. But what else did the bill have in it for the president to veto. For some reason I smell a lot of pork. If you know what I mean.

I Asked the question "What is the difference between republicans and democrats?" To find out where my political view fit. I find that I am neither of these. I would rather see 10,000 people fead, then spend 20 million dollors on a bunch of Nuclear weapons that we do not intend to use.

I have the Faith of a Mustard seed you see in the human race. Even if the ones in power think only for their pockets and bellys, I believe that one day some how someone will be in power that will change that.

I heard Hillary Clinton say that we are stretched thin when it comes to the milatary man power. If we weren't makeing all our men women and children fat lazy and stupid then there would be more man power.