Frequency stabilized solid state lasers for coherent optical communication

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's ability to summarize content. They clarify that they do not respond or reply to questions, but simply provide a summary. The speaker emphasizes their expertise in summarizing and reminds the listener not to expect any other information before the summary.
pallab
TL;DR Summary
can anyone help me to get the thesis Frequency stabilized solid-state lasers for coherent optical Communications by Day, Timothy
I am looking for the thesis Frequency stabilized solid-state lasers for coherent optical Communications by Day, Timothy. I am working with laser stabilization so can anyone share this thesis? I am trying to understand the basic of this topic. This thesis is suggested by others but failed to get it online.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Scholar.google.com took me straight to a copy. Of course, they wanted $41.00 for a PDF. That's cheap if you really need it.

• Informative
Likes davenn and berkeman

1. What is a frequency stabilized solid state laser?

A frequency stabilized solid state laser is a type of laser that uses a solid material, such as a crystal or glass, as the lasing medium. This type of laser is designed to emit a highly stable and precise frequency of light, making it useful for applications such as coherent optical communication.

2. How does a frequency stabilized solid state laser work?

A frequency stabilized solid state laser works by using a pump source, such as a diode laser, to excite the atoms in the lasing medium. This causes the atoms to emit light at a specific frequency, which is then amplified through a series of mirrors and optical components. The laser is stabilized by using a feedback system that continuously monitors and adjusts the frequency of the light emitted.

3. What are the advantages of using frequency stabilized solid state lasers for coherent optical communication?

Frequency stabilized solid state lasers offer several advantages for coherent optical communication. They provide a highly stable and precise frequency of light, which is essential for maintaining the coherence of the communication signal. They also have a longer lifetime and require less maintenance compared to other types of lasers, making them a cost-effective option.

4. What are the potential applications of frequency stabilized solid state lasers?

In addition to coherent optical communication, frequency stabilized solid state lasers have a wide range of potential applications. These include optical metrology, spectroscopy, laser cooling and trapping, and laser-based material processing. They are also used in scientific research and industrial applications.

5. What are some challenges in developing frequency stabilized solid state lasers?

Developing frequency stabilized solid state lasers can be challenging due to the complex nature of the feedback systems required to maintain stability. Additionally, the lasing medium must be carefully selected and engineered to achieve the desired frequency and stability. The development of new materials and technologies is also an ongoing challenge in this field.