Force 3D Game into Window: Solution?

• Thread starter expscv
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person asking if there is a way to force a 3D game in full screen into a drag-able window. Another person suggests changing the code and compiling it with a Win9x simulator software. They also mention using a -window command line option or downloading a specific patch for the game. The original person expresses difficulty finding the software and the second person suggests searching for a specific patch.
expscv
is there anything that i could do to force a 3d game -full screen into a drag able window?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Cracking that soft, changing the code, compiling again, using the recently compiled soft can help you deal with what you are actually asking...

i m not good at any codes...

expscv said:
is there anything that i could do to force a 3d game -full screen into a drag able window?

Huh?...

Aside from the video configuration came with the game, you may try to download Win9x simulator software from Microsoft, it is made for win2k/xp, with it you can configure what enviroments you wish the game to be run in. Again, it is recommended to do such configurations from the game options if possible.

some games have a -window command line option which makes them, well, a small window you can drag around. i don't know if that's what you wanted but i can't figure out what else you would. RTFM, dude.

PrudensOptimus said:
Aside from the video configuration came with the game, you may try to download Win9x simulator software from Microsoft, it is made for win2k/xp, with it you can configure what enviroments you wish the game to be run in. Again, it is recommended to do such configurations from the game options if possible.

great thanks but I can't find that software =(

Try to google "FF7 for Winxp patch" in Google. It is the same patch I mentioned above.

final fantasy 7?

1. What is a "Force 3D Game into Window" solution?

A "Force 3D Game into Window" solution is a method that allows a 3D game to be played in a windowed mode instead of full screen. This can be useful for multitasking or if the game does not have a built-in windowed mode option.

2. Why would I want to use a "Force 3D Game into Window" solution?

There are a few reasons why you may want to use this solution. Firstly, it allows you to easily switch between the game and other applications without having to exit and re-enter the game. Additionally, it can help with performance issues on lower-end machines or if the game is not optimized for full screen mode.

3. How do I force a 3D game into a window?

The specific method for forcing a 3D game into a window may vary depending on the game and your computer's operating system. However, there are some general steps you can follow. First, check if the game has a built-in windowed mode option. If not, you can try using a third-party software or modifying the game's configuration files. It's important to note that these methods may not work for all games, and could potentially cause technical issues.

4. Are there any potential drawbacks to using a "Force 3D Game into Window" solution?

Yes, there are a few drawbacks to keep in mind. Firstly, as mentioned earlier, some games may not be compatible with this solution and could potentially cause technical issues. Additionally, using a third-party software or modifying game files could potentially violate the game's terms of service and result in a ban. Lastly, forcing a game into a window may decrease performance compared to playing in full screen mode.

5. Is there a way to revert back to full screen mode after using a "Force 3D Game into Window" solution?

Yes, most games will have an option to switch back to full screen mode within the game's settings. If not, you can try closing the game and restarting it. If the game was modified using a third-party software, you may need to undo those changes in order to revert back to full screen mode.