Hey guys and gals - Its war Physics Forums vs Sciforums.

In summary, there is a thread on Sciforums comparing it to Physics Forums and some members are jokingly arguing over which forum is better. Some members believe Physics Forums is superior due to its focus on physics and user-friendly features, while others argue that Sciforums has a more diverse range of topics and members. There is also mention of a member who was banned from Physics Forums and went to Sciforums, causing some tension between the two forums. Some members suggest organizing a "gang war" between the two forums, but others advise against it and suggest hiring hitmen instead. In the end, some members acknowledge that both forums have their own strengths and they should not take the rivalry too seriously.
amp
Hey guys and gals - Its war! Physics Forums vs Sciforums.

Sciforums has a thread Sciforums vs Physics Forums, those weezels are lambasting PF(lol) Its good natured so far, but they think they have us at the Frairs club... roasting. Are we going to take this on the chin or what. Heres the thread:

[zz)] http://www.sciforums.com/archive/12/2002/10/2/11354 [Broken] [zz)]

Its old, did we win?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Haha yeah that's a few months old. That's when we banned Furturist perminently and he went to sciforums, lol.

You know the leader and/or moderators (if they have them) right greg?

Sure it is a little faster but not really. This new PF is much faster than the old. We use the same server but in all seriousness it looks boring. We have colors and avatars (only a few of them do have them or can have them) and we have the PF logo. Plus that topic was mainly caused because Futurist was angry at being banned No offense Futurist.

Scifi forum looks like a cheap knock off of PF.

They have a worse signal-to-noise ratio than a Flat Earth Society rally.

Alright alright people, we all know PF is the best but let's take it easy on sciforums, they are our friends.

I checked out the member list for sciforums.com. Ugh! It is so bloated with dead accounts that you cannot tell how many active members there really are. It is certainly not the 8000+ implied. I hope PF 3.0 does not develop that problem.

That's when we banned Furturist perminently and he went to sciforums, lol.

Yeah, and we never really forgave you for that. :wink:

But I think he's gone from there now.

i say we organize a good old gang war i'll get my nine and meet you one 60th street where the scies hang out or we could just kepp this thread up to get back at their thread what ever floats yuor boat

i say we organize a good old gang war i'll get my nine and meet you one 60th street where the scies hang out

Don't you think that would be a little too dangerous? What if the police found some evidence that incriminates us at the scene of the crime?

Let's all flip through our telephone directory instead and look under 'Hitman' and hire some professional ones. It'll be quick, decisive and clean.

then we cap that pig...and give it to the cop as a bribe

Originally posted by damgo
They have a worse signal-to-noise ratio than a Flat Earth Society rally.

LOL

*Zing*

Greetings !

Yeah, I went over their threads a few times
about a month or so ago. That forum doesn't
match the level of PF. Maybe it's because they
have a more "popular" name which draws some
less "intresting" audience. PF on the other hand
has a more streightforward name - PHYSICS forums.
Kin'na blocks away the unwanted crowd... :wink:

Live long and prosper.

Originally posted by Greg Bernhardt
Alright alright people, we all know PF is the best but let's take it easy on sciforums, they are our friends.

Greg's right. You know, I happen be a sciforum member. To be truthful, I don't like the forums because they need more members so there could be more action!

i always thought PF was a cheap knock off of SciF.

the two forums are diff. here it's all physics and you guys stuff everything else into 'other sciences'. and SciF has an Arts area.

it's like apples and oranges. well maybe more like Granny Smith apples and Red Apples.

besides there are other forums...:wink:

*yawn* no biggy.

tho.. this type of thread is why people have wars in the real world.

1. What is the difference between Physics Forums and Sciforums?

Physics Forums and Sciforums are both online discussion forums for science-related topics. However, Physics Forums focuses specifically on physics and related fields, while Sciforums covers a broader range of scientific subjects.

2. Which forum has a larger community?

As of now, Physics Forums has a larger community with over 1 million registered users. Sciforums has a smaller but still active community with over 40,000 registered users.

3. Are the discussions on these forums moderated?

Yes, both Physics Forums and Sciforums have moderators who ensure that the discussions remain respectful and on-topic. They also help to maintain a positive and welcoming atmosphere for all members.

4. Can anyone join these forums?

Yes, both forums are open to anyone who is interested in science and follows the rules and guidelines set by the moderators. However, registration is required to participate in discussions and post on the forums.

5. Is there a fee to join these forums?

No, both Physics Forums and Sciforums are free to join and participate in. However, they may have options for premium memberships or donations to support the forum's upkeep and development.