Foundations of Mathematics Book Search

In summary, the conversation was about finding a book on the foundations of mathematics, specifically set theory and mathematical logic. The speaker suggests Kenneth Kunen's "Foundations of Mathematics" and "Set Theory, revised edition" as good introductory books, as they are more approachable than Paul Cohen's book.
moriheru
I am looking for a book concerning the foundations of mathematics. I am not talking about algebra or calculus but the foundation of the mathematical language( Axioms, sentential logic...). I hope you have understood the prior rubish. Thanks for any help.

Physics news on Phys.org
Set Theory?

'' Mathematical Logic '' , Joseph R. Shoenfield, ASL

mathwonk said:

I think Cohen's book is very concise and difficult to read without any prior knowledge in the logic and set theory. Kenneth Kunen's "Foundations of Mathematics" and "Set Theory, revised edition" will suit the OP really well as a first introduction to the foundations.

Related to Foundations of Mathematics Book Search

1. What is the purpose of "Foundations of Mathematics Book Search?"

The purpose of "Foundations of Mathematics Book Search" is to help researchers and students locate books and resources related to the foundations of mathematics. This includes topics such as mathematical logic, set theory, and the philosophy of mathematics.

2. Are there any specific criteria or filters for searching for books?

Yes, the search can be filtered by author, title, publication date, and subject. Users can also choose to search for books in a specific language or format.

3. Can I access the full text of the books through this search?

No, this search is designed to help users locate books and resources, but it does not provide access to the full text. Users will need to access the books through their respective publishers or libraries.

4. How frequently is the database updated?

The database is updated regularly, but the frequency may vary depending on new publications and resources related to the foundations of mathematics.

5. Are there any other resources or tools available through this search?

Yes, in addition to locating books, users can also find links to related articles, websites, and other resources related to the foundations of mathematics. Users can also save and organize their search results for future reference.