Forum Slow PF: Load Times & Intertubes Speed

• Thread starter Vanadium 50
  • Start date
In summary: I think it was related to the squares and mathematics problem that I had earlier on my break.I had the same issue. But now it seems to be fixed.I also had the same issue. But now it seems to be fixed.It was very slow when I first woke up this morning. But now it's back to normal.It was very slow when I first woke up this morning. But now it's back to normal.
Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
2023 Award
PF seems slow now. It took 27 seconds for the compose window to come up. 55 seconds for it to post, and 34 seconds for the edit window to come up. Nothing else on the intertubes seems slow.

Physics news on Phys.org
At 6:31am PDT, it's still very slow. Other websites are fine, thought.

Anyone else from Europe (or more specifically from Greece) having problem with PF loading extremely slowly at this moment?

My inet connection seems fine, I did a speed test as well tested some other pages in US and EU and all seem normal

Me too. It's been very slow for the past 30 minutes or so.

Likes Delta2
Seems fixed now at least here in Greece. (ISP Forthnet/Nova).

Looks OK to me ATM.

Was slow for some time, but OK now.

Better now!

Better now (US east coast) but unusable earlier this morning - other web sites were fine. Clear that something was wrong for a while

Around the time @Vanadium 50 posted this thread I kicked off a resource-intensive job that took longer than I thought. Has the server recovered? Speed is back to normal?

Likes pinball1970
Greg Bernhardt said:
Speed is back to normal?
Seems to be

Likes Greg Bernhardt
As far as I can tell.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Of course, if things got worse, I wouldn't be able to tell you, would I? :wink:

Likes jim mcnamara
I concur, I was on a dinner break when all this was happening, i thought it was my device so tried DT, still slow. This was my dinner break and I had an issue with squares and a lot of mathematics stuff, it was a big deal.

Covid, the Ukraine now this?

All I am saying is, if there is a slow heading my way let me know. I can deal with it.

pinball1970 said:
i thought it was my device so tried DT, still slow.
Sorry, I think my brain is running slow for some reason. What's DT?

berkeman said:
Sorry, I think my brain is running slow for some reason. What's DT?
I am on my Hudl most of the time (tablet) and have internet issues sometimes. DT is desk top, if I have issues there it is more of an issue.

Related to Forum Slow PF: Load Times & Intertubes Speed

1. Why is my forum loading slowly?

There could be a few reasons for slow forum loading times. It could be due to a large number of images or videos on the page, a high volume of traffic on the forum, or server issues. It could also be caused by outdated browser or device, or a slow internet connection.

2. How can I improve the loading speed of my forum?

To improve the loading speed of your forum, you can try optimizing the images and videos on the page, reducing the number of plugins or add-ons, or upgrading your server. You can also try clearing your browser's cache and using a faster internet connection.

3. Will using a content delivery network (CDN) help with forum loading times?

Yes, a CDN can help improve the loading times of your forum by storing and delivering content from servers closer to the user, reducing the distance and time it takes for the content to travel to the user's device.

4. How do I know if my forum is experiencing slow load times due to server issues?

You can check the server status and performance by using a server monitoring tool or contacting your hosting provider. If the server is experiencing high CPU usage or slow response times, it could be causing slow loading times for your forum.

5. Can I do anything as a user to improve the speed of the forum?

As a user, you can try clearing your browser's cache, using a different browser or device, or connecting to a faster internet connection. You can also report any issues to the forum administrator or hosting provider if you notice consistent slow loading times.