Which of these developments would be most likely change our lives the most?

• Thread starter FZ+
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Change
In summary, the group discusses various developments that have the potential to significantly change our lives. Some suggest The Apocalypse, fusion technology, or superconductors as possible defining moments of this century. Others argue that nano-tech, specifically commercial nanobots, could revolutionize our capabilities and possibilities.

Which will be the defining technological moment of the 21st century?

• Colony on another planet/moon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cure to cancer

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Human cloning

• True AI

• Commercial Nanobots

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Controlled Fusion

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Quantum Teleportation

• Room Temperature Superconductor

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • End of the world

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • None of the above -> post

• Total voters
FZ+
Which of these developments would be most likely change our lives the most? What will be the defining technological moment of this century?

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
hmm, you can't really beat The Apocalypse in terms of life changing events. :smile:

Wow... we are optimistic aren't we?

I heard 20010 or 8 they hope to compleat as we Techanchians call a BIg ass laser that is gogint to fuse two hyrdon atoms...or we could just claim we onw the sun thus controllying fusion

Superconductors!

Has to be nano-tech for the simple reason that it gives us an entire new tool box to work with.

Well, I think that superconductors at room temperature is feasible and will happen, it will change all of electronics.

I reckon that Fusion is also a good possibility. As far as I know the "Big Ass Laser" also known as BAL has already been used to make fusion happen, it is just impractical on account of using more energy than you get out, and there being some hassles with how to get more tritium and deuterium in and the products of the fusion out, whilst keeping the whole reaction going.

I chose commercial nanobots, just think of the uses of such a thing ! (i mean ... almost everything would be possible!)

1. What are the potential developments that could change our lives the most?

There are many potential developments that could significantly change our lives, including advancements in artificial intelligence, renewable energy, biotechnology, virtual reality, and space exploration.

2. How would advancements in artificial intelligence impact our daily lives?

Advancements in artificial intelligence could have a significant impact on our daily lives, as it could lead to more efficient and automated processes in various industries, such as healthcare, transportation, and manufacturing. It could also potentially create new job opportunities and change the way we interact with technology.

3. What are the potential benefits of renewable energy for our lives?

Renewable energy has the potential to greatly benefit our lives by reducing our dependence on fossil fuels and decreasing carbon emissions, leading to a cleaner and more sustainable environment. It could also provide more affordable and accessible energy options for individuals and communities.

4. How could biotechnology advancements impact healthcare?

Biotechnology advancements could greatly impact healthcare by improving disease detection and treatment, developing new and more effective medications, and enhancing overall healthcare outcomes. It could also potentially lead to personalized medicine and gene editing technologies.

5. What could advancements in virtual reality mean for our daily lives?

Advancements in virtual reality could have a significant impact on our daily lives by providing immersive and interactive experiences in various fields, such as education, entertainment, and communication. It could also potentially revolutionize the way we learn, work, and connect with others.