Former Canadian Defense Minister:Paul Hellyer on ET

• Thread starter mouseonmoon
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the former Canadian Defense Minister, Paul Hellyer, who changed his mind about speaking out on UFOs after watching a TV special. He then read a book by Colonel Philip Corso and contacted a retired US Air Force General to verify the claims, who confirmed that every word was true. The conversation also touches on the idea that extraterrestrial life may be seen as an enemy by the military, the motivation behind President Bush's desire to go to the moon, and the possibility of a cover-up by the government. The conversation also mentions a symposium in Toronto where various witnesses, including astronauts and high-ranking officials, spoke about their experiences with UFOs. The speaker suggests that these statements should be taken seriously and
mouseonmoon
Former Canadian Defense Minister

what's interesting here?=the guy (Paul Hellyer) changes his mind about 'speaking out' because of the Peter Jennings Special--well...who's to follow?

The former Defense Minister then reads Corso' s book (Day After Roswell-names names, dates etc. that can be 'checked'--but it's a book 'scoffed at', right?--and then "He contacted a retired United States Air Force General and spoke to him directly to verify Corso's claims. The unnamed General
simply said: "every word is true and more"."

<who you going to trust-ghost busters?>

"and <the> more" stuff was discussed...

being (in the military mind-set): ET = "enemy"---
ergo we need more and better weapons;
but is ET a 'threat'? Gov's always said no- there's no 'proof'
that ET's been visiting===(does this 'add up'?)

What if he's just 'exploring'--found us and finds us 'interesting'?

but,yet another 'un-named source'==the General.
But why won't he come forward/out in the 'open'--
it's the same ol' same ol'.

Why's Bush really want to go to the Moon?
(simply because Ruskies can't stop us,and now US will have
all the Green Cheese)

Source: http://www.exopolitics.org/Exo-Comment-38.htm
Michael E. Salla, PhD
Sept 29, 2005
http://www.exopolitics.org

I've spoken to the man-he's a Prof. at AU--but this is his 'personal
endeavor'...and 'in person' it seems his argument is:there's an awlful lot of smoke;no body sees what's going on...

He asks questions-and people think he's making statements...wierd.

another cheesy trap? is Paul just a hell-raiser?

mouseonamoon

Physics news on Phys.org
Evidence

I am not sure what the thrust of your post or your opinion of Michael Salla or Paul Hellyer is . But, for anyone reading this sort of thing, I would say if you want to see or touch an ET body or a piece of a real flying disk yourself, you are likely, at least for the moment, to be disappointed.

However, if you start to research and listen to audio recordings of what a few quite prominent and well-qualified people have said, your opinion about evidence may change.

But, if you think that the moment someone starts talking about any of the topics in this "Scepticism" forum is obviously deluded, lacks scientific understanding, powers or rational thinking and also lacks intellectual rigour etc, then I doubt what I have put down below will be of any interest to you.

Please see quotes on this page from Former Apollo Astronauts Dr Edgar Mitchell and Former Astronaut Gordon Cooper. By all means check their veracity.

http://www.checktheevidence.com/

Lots of audio and video here. You can even see Hellyer's whole speech, if you haven't already.

As an aside, I prefer to re-analyse some of NASA's own data to produce somewhat different conclusions than they publicly state.

http://www.cognoscence.net/dev/index.php?session=0&action=read&click=open&article=1125834206

Last edited by a moderator:
Exopolitics Symposium

I attended the symposium in Toronto with a friend who suggested going. I had expected some vague accounts of aircraft pilots encountering lights in the sky which may or may not be vessels from another solar system. Instead I was presented with assertion that, in at least in some cases, these vessels are alien vessels. Further, that this has been known to portions of different world governments (including Canada and the United States) for many years. I downloaded Steven Greer's Disclosure Project document and read (so far) about a dozen of the 100 or so testaments. The numerous witnesses included radar technicians, Canadian Department of Transport employees, ex-military police (US), British Ministry of Defense officials, a British 5 star Admiral of the Fleet and 5 former presidents. Not to mention the astronauts. I don't see any reason to discredit these individuals. Perhaps it is some sort of mass delusion or perhaps Steven Greer is a huckster who has payed, cajoled or somehow tricked these individuals into making these statements. Even if this were the case (which I don't believe it is), there is enough witness statements to justify looking at this issue with the utmost seriousness, even if it just reveals that the secretiveness and corrupt nature of government has lead to widespread hysteria and paranoia. Of course there is always the possibility that the Ufologists are fully or partially right, in which case there is even more necessity to investigate these matters.

Related to Former Canadian Defense Minister:Paul Hellyer on ET

What is the background of Paul Hellyer?

Paul Hellyer is a Canadian engineer, politician, and writer who served as Canada's Defense Minister from 1963-1967. He has also held other government positions, including Minister of Transport and Minister of National Defense.

What is the main claim made by Paul Hellyer about extraterrestrial life?

Paul Hellyer claims that there is a large presence of extraterrestrial beings on Earth and that they have been visiting and interacting with humans for decades. He also believes that there is a cover-up by governments and other organizations to keep this information hidden from the public.

What evidence does Paul Hellyer provide to support his claims?

Hellyer claims to have spoken with high-ranking officials and military personnel who have confirmed the existence of extraterrestrial beings. He also points to declassified government documents and sightings reported by credible witnesses as evidence of extraterrestrial activity on Earth.

What is the reaction from the scientific community to Hellyer's claims?

The scientific community has largely rejected Hellyer's claims, citing a lack of credible evidence and the lack of peer-reviewed studies to support his claims. Many scientists also argue that the laws of physics make it highly unlikely for advanced extraterrestrial beings to travel to Earth in the way Hellyer describes.

How does Paul Hellyer's claims impact the scientific search for extraterrestrial life?

Hellyer's claims have sparked debate and discussion within the scientific community about the possibility of extraterrestrial life and the potential impact on humanity. However, his claims have not been taken seriously by most scientists, and the search for extraterrestrial life continues to rely on evidence-based research and data-driven methods.