Forgotten Matter: Seeking the Name of a Stronger-than-Steel Substance

• Thread starter Zeyl
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Matter
In summary, The speaker, a 15-year-old, asks if they can still participate in the forum and ask questions. They mention a topic they read about in a book and provide a brief description of it, including its name, degenerate matter. The speaker is grateful for the forum's help in finding the name and expresses that researching it should now be easier.
Zeyl
Ok I have a few different questions that put every other forum here to shame. Mostly cause I am only 15. ^_^ I still can join and state questions and learn right? I am smart not very smart just smart. In a book I read they mentioned a particular matter that I have been searching for. I just want the naem of it so I can research it. However, I seem to have forgotten its name. I do remember the brief description.

It was along the lines of it is stronger than steel, nuclei detach from electrons and they then compress the electrons? That is about what I remember. Oh I think it started with an "M" but I am not at all sure about that part.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you I guess for at least checking. I found it now. It was degenerate matter. lol I got a lot of the information switched around but I got it now. Finding information for it should be a lot easier.

Hello there, it's great to see a young mind interested in science and research! Yes, you can absolutely join and participate in forums at any age. As for your question, I'm not sure which specific substance you are referring to, but it sounds like you may be talking about a type of material known as "metallic glass." Metallic glass is a type of alloy that has a disordered atomic structure, making it stronger and more flexible than traditional metals. It is also known as "amorphous metal" or "liquid metal." However, there are many other materials that could also fit the description you provided, so it's important to do further research to narrow down the specific substance you are looking for. I would recommend searching for keywords such as "stronger than steel" and "metallic glass" to see if that leads you to the right material. Good luck with your research!

Related to Forgotten Matter: Seeking the Name of a Stronger-than-Steel Substance

What is forgotten matter?

Forgotten matter refers to a hypothetical substance that is believed to be stronger than steel, but its existence and properties are currently unknown and have been forgotten over time.

Why is it important to find the name of forgotten matter?

Finding the name of forgotten matter can potentially lead to the discovery and development of a new, stronger material that could have various industrial and technological applications.

What is currently known about forgotten matter?

Currently, there is no concrete evidence or scientific research about the existence or properties of forgotten matter. It is mostly a concept that has been mentioned in literature and mythological stories.

How do scientists plan to find forgotten matter?

Scientists are using various methods such as theoretical calculations and experiments to search for forgotten matter. Some are also studying ancient texts and myths that may hold clues about its existence.

What challenges do scientists face in their search for forgotten matter?

The main challenge is that there is no clear definition or description of forgotten matter, making it difficult for scientists to know what exactly they are looking for. Additionally, it may not even exist, and the search could lead to a dead end.