Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Forgot to introduce me

Fallen Angel

MHB Math Helper
Nov 5, 2014
Hi,

As you can see I forgot to introduce myself when I arrived this site.

I'm currently studying a degree on maths and I'm nearly to finish it (just need to finish my end-of-degree proyect).
I would like to do a PhD in algebraic topology and algebraic geometry if I can find some funding to do it.

I like chess, football and I prefer dogs rather to cats (Hope this will not be a problem with some cat owners users :p).

I have been here for a couple of months and really liked this community, yo have done a really good work with this site!

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello and a belated welcome to MHB! :D

Your contributions here at MHB have become a valuable asset for our site. We are happy you found us! (Yes)

I wish you great success in the pursuit of your advanced degree. :D

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi Fallen Angel,

Thank you for saying hello! :)

I'm very glad you have joined our community and if you ever have any questions, comments or general feedback please don't hesitate to let me know.

What are your post-doc plans? Academia or private sector? :D

Fallen Angel

MHB Math Helper
Nov 5, 2014
Thank you guys!

In response to Jameson, assuming I can do my PhD (it's not easy here), what can make me choose one or another job will be the researching possibilities (I don't know anyone that study maths for trying to become millionaire), but teaching at the university seems also attractive to me, so I would probably take the academical way.

PS: This doesn't mean that I couldn't become millionaire by solving Hodge's conjecture hahaha

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
Welcome to the forums. Glad to see you a member of MHB!

Peter

MHB Site Helper
Jun 22, 2012
Hi,

As you can see I forgot to introduce myself when I arrived this site.

I'm currently studying a degree on maths and I'm nearly to finish it (just need to finish my end-of-degree proyect).
I would like to do a PhD in algebraic topology and algebraic geometry if I can find some funding to do it.

I like chess, football and I prefer dogs rather to cats (Hope this will not be a problem with some cat owners users :p).

I have been here for a couple of months and really liked this community, yo have done a really good work with this site!

Hi Fallen Angel,

A very belated but very warm welcome from me ...

... ... and so many thanks for all the help you have given me ... it has been very much appreciated ... ...

Hope all your aspirations are realised!

Best regards,

Peter

mente oscura

Nov 29, 2013
Hello, Fallen Angel.

I am glad to see you also for this site.

Welcome.

Regards.