Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] Forcing a posting delay after forcing a preview when replying to a thread

SuperSonic4

MHB Math Helper
Mar 1, 2012
Evening All

When you reply to a thread the board forces you to preview your post if someone else has posted between you starting your reply and pressing the submit button. After reviewing my post and deciding to proceed it forces the 60 second wait between posts. That is probably clear as mud so here's an example.

See this thread from today. I clicked on reply to thread and crafted my post and pressed submit when I was happy with it. However because MarkFL posted whilst I was faffing about I was obliged to preview my post. Upon deciding my post added enough to be submitted I pressed submit and was obliged to wait 60 seconds.

Upon posting I did not get the message about this being a duplicate of a recent post nor did I double post.

I suspect this is rare enough to not worry about or may be a design feature to check the post does indeed add something new but I thought it wise to check.

Thanks
SuperSonic4

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
We do have a 30 second minimum time between posts (flood control) defined...and when you click submit, even though if you have the New Reply Check enabled, and you are alerted of a reply that has been posted during the time you have been composing your own post, this triggers the timer. Are you certain you were made to wait 60 seconds rather than 30 seconds?

Also, if you would rather opt out of the new reply check, you have the option to disable it by following:

Settings -> Edit Profile

Then scroll to the bottom of the page and set "Enable New Reply Check:" to No.

SuperSonic4

MHB Math Helper
Mar 1, 2012
Hadn't even though about that as an option -faceplam-

Cheers Mark (drink)