For two abjects of same material the following law must obeyed

In summary, The teacher states that for two objects of the same material, their masses will be in the same ratio as their areas. It is unclear if this law applies to objects of the same shape or different shapes. The name of this law is not mentioned. A link is requested for more information, but the teacher disagrees with this law due to a missing dimension and unspecified density of the material.
waqarrashid33
One of our teachers says that For two abjects of same material the following law must obeyd.
i.e the ratios of their masses will be equal to the ration of their areas,
wether this law works for objects of same shape or different?
what is the name of this law?
give me a link from which i can get sufficient information about this.

Physics news on Phys.org

I would say that it's wrong simply because there is a dimension missing (area excludes the 3rd dimension of depth) and the density of the material isn't specified.

waqarrashid33 said:
One of our teachers says that For two abjects of same material the following law must obeyd.
i.e the ratios of their masses will be equal to the ration of their areas,
wether this law works for objects of same shape or different?
what is the name of this law?
give me a link from which i can get sufficient information about this.

Areas?Do you mean volumes?

Related to For two abjects of same material the following law must obeyed

1. What is the law that must be obeyed for two objects of the same material?

The law that must be obeyed for two objects of the same material is the law of conservation of mass. This law states that the total mass of a closed system remains constant over time, regardless of any physical or chemical changes that occur within the system.

2. How does the law of conservation of mass apply to two objects of the same material?

The law of conservation of mass applies to two objects of the same material because it states that the total mass of a closed system, which includes both objects, will remain constant. This means that the mass of both objects combined will not change, even if they undergo physical or chemical changes.

3. Is the law of conservation of mass always true for two objects of the same material?

Yes, the law of conservation of mass is always true for two objects of the same material. This law is a fundamental principle in physics and chemistry, and has been extensively tested and proven to hold true in all known scenarios.

4. What is the significance of the law of conservation of mass for two objects of the same material?

The law of conservation of mass is significant because it allows us to make predictions and calculations about the behavior of objects and systems. It also helps us understand that matter cannot be created or destroyed, only transformed or rearranged.

5. Are there any exceptions to the law of conservation of mass for two objects of the same material?

No, there are no known exceptions to the law of conservation of mass for two objects of the same material. This law has been extensively tested and has been found to hold true in all known physical and chemical processes. However, it should be noted that this law only applies to closed systems, where no matter can enter or leave the system.