FM Radio Transmitter Solution: Help for Holiday Nightmare

• Thread starter Robert paulsen
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fm Radio
In summary, your neighbor is broadcasting music and light out of window and cars in your yard are subject to trespass. Confronting people who are not trespassing may not be wise. You may need to consult an attorney to determine what laws are being broken.
Robert paulsen
hi all. I have been scouring the Internet looking for a forum to help me. This seems like my best bet. I live next to a house with an enormous Christmas light display. It causes traffic littering loitering and a blocked driveway. I have talked to the neighbors the police and the town for help to no avail. My solution is to get a better fm transmitter than my neighbor and basically over power his broadcast. Can anyone help me with this. It literally ruins our holiday. Please help.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Aggravating you is not YET illegal. Interfering with a licensed radio service - even if it is a general license - is definitely illegal.

Robert paulsen said:
hi all. I have been scouring the Internet looking for a forum to help me. This seems like my best bet. I live next to a house with an enormous Christmas light display. It causes traffic littering loitering and a blocked driveway. I have talked to the neighbors the police and the town for help to no avail. My solution is to get a better fm transmitter than my neighbor and basically over power his broadcast. Can anyone help me with this. It literally ruins our holiday. Please help.

I get that your neighbor has an enormous light display. What I don't get is how an FM transmitter is going to interfere with said display. Wouldn't you be better off inventing a death ray? :mad:

Ho ho! An enormous light and sound display. Noise should be subject to nuisance ordinances.

I lived in the penultimate apartment in the tallest condo building in a town with a 200 feet limit (can't be audible) nuisance noise ordinance. I, old, deaf, curmudgeonly, would complain that I could hear a motorcycle with modified exhaust pipes cross the bridge coming into town from the south, drive across town revving at each stoplight, and across the Ravenel Bridge going north out of town. I complained to truly deaf ears.

SteamKing said:
I get that your neighbor has an enormous light display. What I don't get is how an FM transmitter is going to interfere with said display. Wouldn't you be better off inventing a death ray? :mad:
The display goes along with music which the neighbor broadcasts. Often people Blair their music with their windows down so they can hear it from next to their cars (in my yard). I have tried everything. Even got in trouble with state police for blocking the breakdown lane directly adjacent to my driveway. My solution. Out compete his signal.

Cars in your yard are subject to trespass depending on the jurisdiction.

It's cars in the breakdown lane and occupants in my yard. The police told me to stop confronting people in the street after several of the incidents resulted in violence and police intervention. Evidently where they stand is technically not my property. Living on a state highway there is 8 feet of frontage which I do not own.

image.jpg
Couldn't flip the photo. This is what it looks like during the day. The display extends beyond the trees. That's my mailbox

If your neighbor is blasting loud music, he might be violating a local noise ordinance or disturbing the peace. It depends on where you live. If you can't get the police involved, you might have to consult your attorney for clarification on what laws, if any, are being broken. Confronting people who are not trespassing on your property is not wise, since you are liable to encounter some nut who might harm you.

We do not discuss dangerous or illegal activities here on PF. This appears to be both.

Please find out what the laws are in your area and be sure to remain within them as well as avoiding any violence or other unsafe activities. Your irritating neighbor is not worth any jail time or injuries to yourself or others.

Related to FM Radio Transmitter Solution: Help for Holiday Nightmare

1. What is a FM radio transmitter solution?

A FM radio transmitter solution is a device that allows you to broadcast audio from a source, such as your phone or computer, to a FM radio frequency. This allows you to play your own music or audio in your car or on a portable radio.

2. How does a FM radio transmitter work?

A FM radio transmitter works by taking the audio signal from your device and converting it into a radio frequency signal. This signal is then sent out through an antenna and can be picked up by any FM radio within range. The radio can then be tuned to the specific frequency to hear the audio being transmitted.

3. What is the range of a FM radio transmitter?

The range of a FM radio transmitter can vary depending on the device and the surrounding environment. On average, a FM radio transmitter can reach up to 30 feet, but this can be affected by obstacles such as buildings or other radio signals in the area.

4. Can a FM radio transmitter interfere with other radio signals?

Yes, a FM radio transmitter can interfere with other radio signals if they are broadcasting on the same frequency. It is important to check for any existing radio signals in the area before using a FM radio transmitter, and to adjust the frequency if interference occurs.

5. Are there any safety precautions when using a FM radio transmitter?

Yes, there are some safety precautions to keep in mind when using a FM radio transmitter. It is important to not use a FM radio transmitter while driving, as it can be a distraction. It is also important to use the device as instructed and to avoid using it near water or in wet conditions.