Fluid that emits light when applied voltage, got tips?

In summary, the conversation is about finding a fluid that emits light when current is running through it in order to feed it to a flower and make it glow. The person mentions that fluorescent light is not enough and that they are not familiar with bioluminescence, so they are trying to turn a flower into a LED. They also mention a related link about creating a glow-in-the-dark tree. Someone suggests searching for an Electroluminescent Fluid.
Addez123
Hi,

Does anyone know of any fluid that emits light when current is running through it?
Why?
To feed to a flower, apply low voltage and make it glow.
Florescent light isn't enough and bioluminescence isn't my area of expertise so turning a flower into a LED is going to be my approach.

All tips appriciated :D
[EDIT] Maybe I shouldve posted this in chemistry section? (didn't know we had one :P)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Addez123 said:
Hi,

Does anyone know of any fluid that emits light when current is running through it?
Why?
To feed to a flower, apply low voltage and make it glow.
Florescent light isn't enough and bioluminescence isn't my area of expertise so turning a flower into a LED is going to be my approach.

All tips appriciated :D
[EDIT] Maybe I shouldve posted this in chemistry section? (didn't know we had one :P)
Maybe try searching on Electroluminescent Fluid...

Related to Fluid that emits light when applied voltage, got tips?

1. What is a fluid that emits light when applied voltage?

A fluid that emits light when applied voltage is a type of material known as an electroluminescent fluid. It contains particles that emit light when an electric field is applied to them.

2. How does the fluid emit light?

The fluid contains phosphor particles that are excited by an electric field, causing them to emit light. This process is known as electroluminescence.

3. What are the properties of this fluid?

This fluid is typically transparent and can be applied as a thin film onto various surfaces. It can emit a range of colors depending on the type of phosphor particles used.

4. How is this fluid used?

This fluid is commonly used in lighting applications, such as in displays and signage. It can also be used in wearable technology, as it is flexible and can conform to different shapes.

5. Is this fluid safe?

Yes, this fluid is generally considered safe to use. It does not contain any toxic materials and is non-radioactive. However, as with any electronic device, it is important to follow proper safety precautions when handling the fluid and the equipment used to apply the voltage.