TI-89 Programming: Tips & Programs

In summary, the conversation is about finding resources for TI-89 programming. The original poster asks for recommendations, and another user suggests a Google search and provides several links to programming information for the TI-89. Another user mentions that the manual has some information on programming but it is limited, and the original poster thanks everyone for their help.
Sting
I know I've posted this topic before, but does anybody know of any good TI-89 programming tidbits or programs themselves?

Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
[sarcasm]Thank you Eyesee for that useful bit of information.[/sarcasm]

Sting does your manual have anything in it for programming? Try a google search.

Sting does your manual have anything in it for programming? Try a google search.

Yes, the manual has a section on programming but for some odd reason, it's like running into a brick wall. It shows you a simple example program but that's about it (at least to me it does).

But I haven't tried the Google search (Dogpile and Yahoo, yes, Google, no). Thanks for that recommendation.

Thanks J-Man for the links. I'm looking forward to learning more about how the TI-89 works (it has the programming capabilities but it's basically worthless if I don't try to use it).

1. How do I access the programming feature on my TI-89 calculator?

To access the programming feature on your TI-89 calculator, press the "APPS" button and select "Program Editor" from the menu. You can then create, edit, and run programs using the programming language TI-BASIC.

2. What are some useful tips for programming on the TI-89 calculator?

Some useful tips for programming on the TI-89 calculator include using comments to explain your code, using descriptive variable names, and testing your code as you go. It is also helpful to use indentation and proper spacing to make your code more readable.

3. How can I transfer programs from my computer to my TI-89 calculator?

You can transfer programs from your computer to your TI-89 calculator using a USB cable and the TI Connect software. This allows you to save and organize programs on your computer and easily transfer them to your calculator when needed.

4. Are there any resources for finding pre-made programs for the TI-89 calculator?

Yes, there are many online resources for finding pre-made programs for the TI-89 calculator. Some popular websites include ticalc.org and tiplanet.org, which offer a wide range of programs for different purposes. You can also find programs on forums and social media groups dedicated to TI-89 programming.

5. Is it possible to program games on the TI-89 calculator?

Yes, it is possible to program games on the TI-89 calculator using TI-BASIC or assembly language. However, programming games can be complex and time-consuming, so it is recommended to have a strong understanding of programming on the TI-89 calculator before attempting to create a game.