Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

First Thread on the New Forum

CaptainBlack

Jan 26, 2012
Well here it is, the first thread/post (well the first universally visible post anyway)

CB

Last edited:

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Great to have you here, CB. We are doing everything we can to get this forum off the ground in the next week or so. We're glad you all are here and stay tuned...

Last edited:

The Chaz

Jan 26, 2012
I'll ask some questions to get the ball rolling...
In the meantime, let me know if you need anything :)

Mathkid12

Jan 26, 2012
so happy the mathhelp is back>>>>>>>>>............

Bacterius

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
New Zealand
Sweet. I think most active members will have had the good sense of visiting the site's facebook page for updates.
So what happened to the original forum? Is it just taking a very long time to get fixed?

CaptainBlack

Jan 26, 2012
Sweet. I think most active members will have had the good sense of visiting the site's facebook page for updates.
So what happened to the original forum? Is it just taking a very long time to get fixed?
I had a look at a Google cached MHF post and it contained a ton of commercial adverting rubbish before the actual post itself (did not look like improperly rendered Google Ads stuff). The cached copy was from the 6th of Jan (which was before MHF went down) so I suppose that it might have been associated in some way with the malware problem, that and nothing being done to fix it.

My guess about what happened is that either the malware took us over the storage limit again, or the hosting service pulled the plug on us because of the malware or both.

CB

ThePerfectHacker

Jan 26, 2012
Hello,

Christ has asked me to help out with the formation of this forum. I am honored by his choice of me. My service is at your command. Tell me what you want of me and tell me what you want me to do. I wish to help you get started and get a normal number of followers, then perhaps I can finally say that my debt has been repaid.

Bacterius

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
New Zealand
I had a look at a Google cached MHF post and it contained a ton of commercial adverting rubbish before the actual post itself (did not look like improperly rendered Google Ads stuff). The cached copy was from the 6th of Jan (which was before MHF went down) so I suppose that it might have been associated in some way with the malware problem, that and nothing being done to fix it.

My guess about what happened is that either the malware took us over the storage limit again, or the hosting service pulled the plug on us because of the malware or both.
Ah... that makes sense.

Will it be possible to recover data from MHF (like archives of the posts, and perhaps accounts), and more importantly, is our personal info compromised (i.e. email and passwords)? Or is it just... gone?

Prove It

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
Glad to see the forum back in some form :)

If you want any help, e.g. moderation, let me know.

Chris L T521

Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
East Lansing, MI
Hello,

Christ has asked me to help out with the formation of this forum. I am honored by his choice of me. My service is at your command. Tell me what you want of me and tell me what you want me to do. I wish to help you get started and get a normal number of followers, then perhaps I can finally say that my debt has been repaid.
I also expect you to bring down the the iron fist in the name of Mother Russia!! :p

XD

PS - It's good to see you back! (Nod)

Last edited:

sbhatnagar

Jan 27, 2012
Great to see you here, friends.

janvdl

Jan 30, 2012
ZA
I also expect you to bring down the the iron fist in the name of Mother Russia!! :p

XD

PS - It's good to see you back! (Nod)
Watch your tongue, comrade, lest your loyalty to the Union come into question.